• 9 •

• Keyton's POV •

I watched her sleep. Her face squished together, tormented.

I wanted to pull her into my arms. I wanted to show and make her see, I did care. I wanted to answer the flooding, unanswered questions that ran through her mind.

I don't need to read her mind, to know what she wants. She wants to go home. She misses her home and family.

She wants, me.

I blinked, my mind going blank.

She wants, me?

I shook my head, it was probably the anxiety and hunger speaking.

I haven't fed, for the past few days.

I've been caressed by a human, not making the situation better.

I stood from bed, heading towards the bathroom. Before I left, my fingertips trailed her jaw and collarbone. My thumb rubbed against her lips. Warmth seeped through me. I hurried out of the bedroom, before she awakened.

Before, I couldn't resist my feelings.

• Denice's POV •

My senses drowned inside again, my sleep fading.

Featherlight movement caressed me. I quickly sat up, looking around helplessly. As if in a dream.

My fingers followed the trail, left behind from the touch.

My fingertips held onto my collarbone. I traveled up to my jaw. The base of my hand, traced my jawline. My fingers rubbed against my lips.

I could feel it. As if I could taste it. The scent. The overwhelming scent of him. The boy.

• * •