• 10 •

• A/N: Still in Denice's POV •

A light knock interrupted my intimate thoughts. I shook them away, my cheeks warming.

I stumbled off of the high bed, and opened the door. Before me was a couple.

A lady and a gentlemen. The lady had long wavy, brown hair. Her eyes were a dark brown eyes. Her skin was lightly tanned. Beside her, was the gentlemen. He was as if her opposite.

The man had dirty blonde hair. His eyes were teal blue. His skin was tanned.

They both shared a warm smile. I returned their smile. I was now, curious. Who were they? As if reading my mind, the lady spoke.

"We are Keyton's parents. I am Katherine, and this is my husband, Damon." She sweetly introduced themselves.

Keyton,? Was that the boy's name? Why were we at this hospital?

She continued,

"Have you two, even talked? Has he told you anything?" I eyed her, suspiciously.

"We've barely talked, since I met him, and, tell me what?" I questioned.

Katherine and Damon, were as if, having an inner conversation with each other. Only their eyes, spoke to me.

They lead me out of Keyton's bedroom, and now into a living room. Turns out to be, this wasn't a mental hospital at all. I was just in a room to practice sports.

They chuckled, as I was once again lost in my thoughts.

I noticed as through the corner of my eye, Katherine usher Damon away.

As he left the room, Katherine faced me. Her kind smile met mine.

"Denice, I have always imagined you being the one to come into my son's life. He finally found his true mate. You." Her voice was gentle, yet firm.

Had she already watched me coming? I was, Keyton's true mate? What did that mean?

"I don't want to give too much information, I'll let Keyton tell you." Her voice, shifted. "Keyton and his father, are right now discussing something too distracting too focus on us," How did she know?

I licked my dry lips, her eyes hung on my lips, now on my neck. I shifted uncomfortable in her gaze, filled with sudden hunger. She noticed me, and began to speak once again.

"I'm not a witch, and this will sound odd. Keyton isn't used to what you call, love. He doesn't mean to hurt you. He's desperately trying to love you, and as his mother, I say this to you only. Help him. Love him, till he understands."

~

Keyton's mother and I, have started Base One, on the right foot. But her words lingered within me.

"Have patience with him. Love him."

I opened the bedroom door, meeting a pair of big green eyes, I knew too well.

• * •

I'm literally falling asleep, I apologize for any mistakes found. Goodnight x