• 24 •

• Denice's POV

My lips tingled as a pair of lips pressed on mine. I wanted to pull away, but, I couldn't. My body didn't follow my directions, as if I had been numb, inside.

The warm pulled away, and I began to whimper.

"It's okay, I'm right here. I need to find you something to eat. You have to keep quiet." His voice filled my ears. Soothing me.

I nodded, desperately. He craddled.me and we began to leave the room. My eyes were slit. I could only open my eyes, till a crack.

My body was heavy, and my breaths were deep. Too heavy and deep. What was happening?

I saw him lean closer. His lips centimeters away from mine. I wanted to pull him closer.

I wanted to Breath Him.

He chuckled.

"Well Darling, you can't. Right now, you are going through the process,.. Of becoming a vampire." A small gasp leaving me. When did he happen? "These are some symptoms during the beginning and throughout the process; you will have short term memory, muscular heaviness, cravings, emotion waves -or what you call being bipolar- and many things you'll figure about as we go."

This is as if I am pregnant?

"Exactly."

Hey, we need to talk about this I-can-read-your-mind-and-you-can't-do-anything-about-it situation.

"Hm, maybe some other time." He.chuckled as I glared at him.

He set me down, a small chair infront of an empty kitchen table. Where did this come from?

I looked around we were in a kitchen, maybe in the basement?

"Babe, sh. With all your thoughts invading my mind, I can barely think on my own!" He complained.

I rose an eyebrow, a slight smirk.

Ha, that's what you get. Maybe I should keep on going. What could you do about it? Huh, Mr.Pretty Boy Vampire?

He snarled. I love it when he's mad.

"Oh trust me, you won't like what I'm going to do to you, right now." He lunged towards me, I shreiked. Dammit, why can't I move!

A curse left Keyton's lips as he was pressed against the floor, a black boot against his lower back. He groaned in pain, as I did. It felt as if, I felt what he felt.

This is an odd become-a-vampire progress.

I looked up. Keyton's father. What was Damon doing here? Why was he holding Keyton like that?

Why do I feel like I can't breathe?

• * •