• 21 •

How did Keyton get here? My body spoke for itself. Wrapping myself around him.

I pulled apart, remembering the doctor's words. He's dangerous right now, I'm vulnerable. He's the predator, I'm the prey,

He was thinner. He's features seemed boney, dry. He was pale. He reflected, me.

"You're so thin. You're so fragile." His large hand caressed my cheek. His touch was faint.

The sound of his voice. The feel of his touch. His scent lingers in the air.

"Keyton, I'm scared." I speak quietly, my head down. He stepped closer, wrapping me in his long limbs.

"I know," he whispered. He held my hips, picking me up. We shifted onto the bed. "I'm going to regret this." He murmured to himself.

My head rested on his chest. He pulled the thick blanket over us, his hand resting on my lower back. Our hips connecting. I could hear his heart pace. Low, like mine. I held onto the thin cloth he wore, as me.

"You're dying too." I whispered, I glanced up to him. His eyes fluttering shut.

"I've always been dying. My whole life, I've been hopping around, without you, as if I didn't need you. I've only stayed alive, because I've been waiting to finally meet you. My soulmate." His words stung.

"Then, what are you doing here, with me right now?" I asked defensively. He stayed quiet. "If you've been 'hopping around' without needing or wanting me, why did you stop now? I mean nothing to you," I added thoughtfully.

He remained silent.

"Keyton?" No reply. I began to panic. Is he, dead?

He can't die on me. Not now. I have all these questions. If he dies, I die too..

I shook into sobs.

Maybe he needs, my blood. Maybe that's all he needs. I shook my head as I found a sharpened needle. I slid it against my skin. Blood drooling out.

I tapped my finger against the cuts, placing it on his lips. The face, occured. The skin near his eyes crinkled. His nostrils were flaring.

His eyes snapped open. His big eyes, were evergreen, sparked with blue. His hands held mine.

"Denice, stop." He breathed. I ignored his plead, and kept adding more drops onto his lips. He needs to get better, I can't lose him. "Denice," he warned. His lips tinted to their normal shade. I smiled. He was healing; I was right. All he needed was, my blood.

I forgot, I was still forcing drops of my blood to slip into his mouth.

I gasped for air.

"I told you, to stop." He growled. He hovered over me. My lips parted.

"I, I'm sorry. I, I had to make sure you were better." I stuttered. He hovered above me. He held my wrists tightly. His eyes burning into mine.

His breath was uneven.

"Denice, run." His voice was low, yet firm. He released me.

I stumbled to the door. I unlocked it, and began to ran. Scattered nurses noticed me, and tried to catch me. I looked back, my breath left me shaking.

Keyton. His body towered the nurses' and definitely mine. He was making his way to me. His shoulders were broad and, his hands were fists. His gaze stuck to me.

Several nurses tried to hold him down, but he snatched them off.

Oh no,

He's really coming for me.

I ran, as fast as I could, slipping and sliding on the tile floor.

Running, to save my life.

• * •