CHAPTER XVIII

I wake up and the first thing I notice is that I'm in a cell.

where am I? I groan.

ah your awake I will inform cenrid. a guard says and walks away.

so your awake then cenrid says as I'm dragged in front of him and forced to kneel.

I say nothing.

he will make a fine vessel I hear from behind me. I look back and see morgouse. then I'm knocked unconscious.

-----------------------------------------

1 week later

did you find out if he is being kept there? Arthur asks gwain and elyan

Well sire. Gwain says. I paid a servant there and he told me that Merlin was being kept in the cells there but he appears to have escaped. we have Leon and Percival searching the land around cenrids kingdom but so far nothing.

----------- ----------------------------

I see horses tied to a tree and I'm about to steal one when I hear voices so I hide behind a tree.

I hope he hasn't been caught. I hear one of the voices say and I think I recognize the voice so I peer around the tree and see Percival and Leon.

Percival. I say as I stumble from behind the tree.

MERLIN! Percival and Leon say when they see me. they pull me onto one of the horses and head for Camelot we don't stop until we can see Camelot then we're riding through the gates faster than ever.

GAIUS! Percival shouts when we get to the courtyard.

Leon runs into the throne room.

Leon! Arthur exclaims.

we found him sire. Leon says. he is in Gaius' chambers. he says out of breath.

----------------------------------------
I wake up to find Arthur, Gaius, morgana, and uther standing around me talking quietly. I notice two guards by the door.

hey I groan.

Merlin! Gaius, Arthur and morgana say.

well I should leave you to look after Merlin Gaius. uther says.

I get the feeling he doesn't like me much. I say as uther leaves the room.

how do you feel? Gaius asks.

sore I say. how long have I been out? I ask well Percival and Leon brought you back about an hour ago and you were unconscious.

augh I'm getting really tired. Morgana says. I might go and lay down. she says.

yeah me too Arthur says.

see you later Merlin they say. but all I see is black spots as I black out.

I wake up and see Gaius asleep at the desk. then I see the two guards asleep by the door I stand up and walk over to Gaius I try to wake him but nothing works the same goes for the guards.

I walk out to the courtyard and everyone is asleep on the ground so I rush round the castle and see that everyone is asleep.

what's going on? I ask myself. I decide to ask kilgharrah.

what is happening? I ask him when I get to the cave.

the witch morgouse enchanted you and turned you into a vessel for an enchantment that puts everyone to sleep. he replies.

is there any way to stop the enchantment? I ask him.

the only way to stop this is to kill the vessel. he says

what if I got far enough away from Camelot would everyone wake up? I ask.

yes but you will have to hurry morgouse and cenrid will be here in two days. okay I say.

I turn to leave.

ah Merlin aren't you going to free me he ask

oh right I say what do I need to do

just say the incantation that I will teach you and the chain will break.

-----------------------
10 minutes later

the dragon is free and I have left a couple of letters for Gaius explaining everything. I grab a horse since the enchantment doesn't seem to affect animals. and I ride off.