CHAPTER XIV

I wake up to someone kicking my foot. I look up and see Arthur and uther looking down at me I try to sit up but I see morgana's head laying on my chest so I shake her.

she grones. what's going on she? she asks.

that's what I would like to know. says uther.

morgana sits bolt upright when she see's uther and Arthur.

uther. she exclaims surprised.

we both just sit staring at uther and Arthur for a minute.

go back to your chambers morgana and get dressed I wish to see you in the throne room in twenty minutes. uther says.
yes my Lord morgana says as she stands up and walks towards the castle.

as for you Merlin you have a choice you can either go in the stocks until I figure out what to do with you ore you can leave Camelot.

I'm so gonna need a bath after this. I say as I head for the stocks.
------------------------------------

the throne room.

you continue to surprise me morgana. uther says.

I thought you said you didn't fancy him. uther says.

I don't know what I feel for Merlin. morgana says.

he came back just to help me.
and I'm grateful for that but he was right about what he said before he left. nothing can come of these feelings.

you may go now. uther says. and morgana leaves without a word.

---------------------------------
alright that's enough. I hear a guard say as he walks up to the stocks that I am locked in.

the king wishes to see you in the throne room in half an hour that should give you enough time to bathe. the guard says as he releases me.

I nod to the guard as I walk towards the chambers I share with Gaius.

there's a bath ready for you in your room. Gaius says. I bathe quickly and get into some clean clothes and devour my breakfast like a dog and leave for the throne room.

good luck Gaius shouts after me.

I get to the throne room but the guards tell me to wait so I do.

after about 10 minutes the door opens and David runs out and uther calls me in.

uther is sitting on his throne with morgana and Arthur sitting beside him.

you requested my presence my Lord. I say bowing to uther.

yes I'm going to give you a choice.
a position has just opened up and it is yours if you want it. or you can leave Camelot.

may I ask what the position is my Lord? I ask.

no you may not. uther says.

very well I will accept your kind offer of the position. I say.

good because Arthur's last man servant was simply stupid. uther says.

I look to the ground and shake my head as I realize that I have just agreed to become Arthur's man servant again.

right Merlin my armor needs polishing, my sword needs sharpening and the horses need tending to. Arthur says with a smile.

yes sire I say as I bow to uther and leave.