CHAPTER VII

I have been sleeping since i got back to the chambers I share with Gaius.

I get up and it's almost lunchtime and I walk out of my room and Arthur is talking to Gaius.

ah Merlin your up says Arthur.

I thought I have the day off I ask Arthur.

oh you do I'm just here because I bet Gaius that your plan wouldn't work and since I lost I have to pay you 5 shillings. Arthur says

pay me? I ask.

yea Gaius insisted. he said.

well here you are he says giving me 5 shillings spend it wisely Arthur says. as he leaves.

well I'm going to the market. I say.

I decide to get some fresh baked bread. when I get there there's a lady there looking for the perfect bun but doesn't seem happy with any of them. can't you get anything right she says to the baker.

I would like to see you try making all this bread. I say

oh yea and what do you do? I bet you work in the stables. she says.

actually I am Prince Arthur's servant. yea you probably only clean his clothes. she says. not exactly something to be happy about.

actually I'm his personal man servant. I say

well it still gives you no right to be talking to me like that she says. I will be speaking to the king about you.

go for it. I say. I happen to be in his good graces at the moment.

what's going on over here?
uther asks coming up behind me.

my Lord. the lady says. this servant had the nerve to tell me that I should try making my own bread.

Merlin is this true? uther asks.

yes my Lord. I say.

well maybe we do take our servants for granted.uther says.
have a good day Merlin. he says laughing as he leaves.

the lady storms off as everyone stares dumbfounded at me.

well she wasn't pleased. morgana says as she comes over.

thank you Merlin. the baker says. she was here for 20 minutes before you turned up. here have a loaf on the house.

thanks I say as I grab a loaf and leave. would you like some bread my lady I ask morgana as we walk away.

ooh yes please she says taking the piece I offer her.

so what brings you to the market. I ask her.

I wanted to see if you would like to come for a ride with me. she says. uther doesn't want me riding alone.

I would love to I say. and we head to the stables.