Chapter-28

Hiiiii pookies
Back with the another update✨
Make sure to vote and comment🎀
Happy reading💌

..........................

Aakriti's pov :

The travel had passed with ease. I mostly kept to myself the whole drive, with my headphones on. Nikhil has drived for the last three hours as sam helped him with the Google maps directions while our swifties took their much needed naps in the backseat. It's 2 p.m. and we are currently bantering over what to have for lunch. Well I wasn't part of the banter since I made it pretty clear that I would get a salad.

These days ahead were going to include a lot of travel and having fun in Manali which also meant food from outside. And there was no way that I was going to pass on the opportunity to avoid as many calories I could before we reached Manali.

"Rajma Rice" Sam said one last time firmly to the boys.

"Fine" the three guys said in unison raising their hands in the air.

Sam beamed with happiness as the five of us headed inside the restaurant and settled on a secluded table near the window.

Soon, a waiter approached us to note down our order.

"Four servings of rajma rice and one balsamic green bean salad please." I said as he noted down the order before turning on his heels to move to another table.

I could feel Nikhil's piercing glare at me but I cared less.

"So, how long before we reach Manali?"
I asked, not directing it at anyone. A conversation was much required right now to direct Nikhil's focus to something else.

"Well including lunch and a short tea/coffee break in the evening, my guess is that we'll reach Manali before or around 7:00 p.m." Vihaan answered and I just nodded in return.

God why are all these idiots so awkward. Sam and ronak were both on their phones for some reason which kind of annoyed me. Because why are we on a trip if they are gonna be on their phones.

"Stop using your phones" I said to them in an authoritative tone, both of them were stunned and immediately brought their gaze to me which was planted to their phones just a few seconds ago.

"Let's talk about something, we should get off our phones. This is a trip for God's sake" I said and everybody nodded at my words.

"What should we talk about, hm?" Vihaan asked everyone at the table and I internally thanked God that he didn't just ask me in particular.

"Let's talk about love." Sam suggests and Ronak immediately nods.

Oh well great, two heartbroken people suggesting to talk about love. Well looks like, they are finally healing.

"Love is great, next topic" Nikhil says putting down the glass of water.

"Come on dude, don't be a buzz killer. Sam you go first. What's love for you?" Vihaan asked refusing to interrupt the topic.

"Hm. Let me think. Okay so you know love is like poetry for me. It can be beautiful, it can be heartbreaking. And it can be tragically healing. It's easy to love but it's hard to keep that love. Just like poetry, it's easy to read but hard to comprehend. I guess that is love for me" the words rolled off her tongue so smoothly that none of us could say anything for a few seconds.