Chapter-24

Hii pyaare logo❤️‍🩹
Happy 60K reads to us✨
Thank you for all the love
Here's the update.
Happy reading💌

....................

Author's pov :

This was it, ronak knew he had fallen for this girl but he wondered if is she as down as he is? Does she like him as much?

We have been flirting and been more than friendly to each and she didn't mind when I pecked her face so should I take it as she likes me as much? He thinks to himself.

The trail of his thoughts seems to consume me whole as he waited for everybody on the terrace for one last dance practice and then they all will have lunch together followed by getting ready for the reception in the evening.

"Hi sorry tujhe wait karwaya humne" Riti says coming with nikhil. Ronak shrug it off saying it's okay. But it's not, nikhil has been getting closer to riti as he eyes them. Yes they have been best friends since childhood hence they are close but there's something interesting here, he thinks looking at them while she giggles at some joke he makes. Does she like nikhil? Does nikhil like her back because it'll not be one sided if any of them falls.

He keep wondering but then sam and vihaan come and they start practicing one last time. Throughout, his eyes keeps wandering off to riti and nikhil and they are laughing and taunting each other as usual. He feels a concern for his sister as she shouldn't fall for him, nikhil is a great friend but he's inexpressive and emotionally unavailable and riti might not say it but she can't deal with such people.

"Vihaan" ronak calls out and vihaan raises his eyebrows in question.
He gesture for vihaan to come aside while the other three practice their routine one last time.
"What's up?" He asks and ronak points towards aakriti and nikhil.

"What?" Vihaan asks with a confused expression on his face.
"Look at them" ronak says cryptically.

"I am looking at them, would you stop being cryptic and tell me what's up?" Vihaan snaps at him.
"I think they like each other." Ronak says still not moving his gaze from them.

A sudden guilt overcame vihaan as he knew ronak was getting it all wrong. The fact that he was the one who had something with his best friend's sister while his best friend thought it was nikhil was eating him up alive. He didn't want to lie to Ronak but he couldn't tell him just yet when he hadn't even asked aakriti to be his girlfriend yet.

"Vihaan" ronak whisper yells to waiting for him to say something.

Vihaan was taken aback but he knew he couldn't tell ronak just yet. So he lied.
"Yes I think nikhil likes her but I don't think it's mutual" Vihaan lies smoothly to Ronak's face feeling a sudden wave of guilt for misleading his best friend.

"Then we are keeping her away from nikhil. He's a great guy but for he's not fit for her" Ronak said and vihaan felt a strange relief that ronak wouldn't let nikhil wander around aakriti as much now.

Vihaan's lips curve into a small smirk at the thought that he could use this opportunity to be an excuse to be around aakriti without ronak doubting anything.

They practiced for half an hour and then had their lunch together.