Chapter-23

Hellloww pyaare logon
Here I am with another update 🤭
Ab please vote and comment kar dena😔🤍
Happy reading 💌

....................

Aakriti's pov :

Was I too harsh on him? The thoughts engulf my headspace as soon as my eyes flutter open by the sun rays entering my room. But he ruined my phulkari, I was going to wear it for the first after waiting so long for the perfect day. How could he tear it? I loved it so fucking much and now I'll have to wear that normal dupatta with my suit.

I should forget about it now, I have to get ready for the post wedding games now. Heading to the washroom, I turn on the shower and drown in the comfort. Reminiscing my dance routine for reception, I sway my hands and legs around a bit carefully so that I don't fall. Because I'll hardly have time to practice. Also the cramps will kill me if keep practicing like I usually do. I hate imperfections in any sort of work that is assigned to me. Like what's the point of doing something with all your heart if it's not going to turn out the way you want it.

I get out of the shower and get ready for the day.

Putting on the suit, I tie the dori at back and sit in front of the dressing table to do my makeup when I hear a knock on my door. Oh god not right now vihaan! I don't want to be rude to him but I can't control my anger whenever I remember the scenes from last night. He was being a gentleman and everything was going smooth but he destroyed my phulkari. I literally have been only once to Amritsar and I got it from there after an hour of convincing mom and it got ruined before I could even wear it once.

Another knock and then another and another. The constant knocking is making my head ache. Pacing towards the door, I open it.

"What?" I seethe.
He looks innocently at me, holding his left ear with his hand and I shake my head in a 'no'.

"Let me come inside please." He requests.
"No" I say.

Shaking his head, he swings the door open completely and comes inside. What the hell? If he was going to come inside one way or another then why even bother to ask? What was the point?

"Come here please." He says pointing towards the bed. What is he even up to?
"You want me to pick you up and make you sit here?" He asks raising his eyebrows and I freeze at his words. Nodding my head, I obey unconsciously and sit on the bed, my back facing his chest.

In one single second, he unties my hair which I had put in a ponytail after detangling them. Combing them gently, he took a section of hair from the front and twists it, then secures it with a clip in the back. Doing the same on the other side, he starts braiding my hair slowly.

"What are you doing?" I ask him.
"You told me that paranda is considered a token of love in terms of romance right? So here's my token of love." He says, showing me a beautiful paranda.
I immediately stretch my hand to grab it, but he takes it away.

"Let me do it for you. Let me make your braid and knot it along. Let me strengthen my love for you. You said you braid it along your hair so it doesn't fall, it's like strengthing the love given by your significant other who brought it for you right? Then if I braid it in your hair, it means I am strengthening my love that I brought for you. Consider it my apology lunette, I am so sorry. I know you loved that phulkari so much and it got ruined and I am really sorry. I hope this is strong enough to hold my affection?" He asks, finishing the braid.