𝑭𝒂𝒍𝒔𝒆 𝑯𝒐𝒑𝒆

Over the years, Lilith had spiraled downward. She began to follow in Haymitch's footsteps, drinking almost daily. Her clientele had almost tripled and she had barely any time for anything else. She was cut from the Peacekeepers, although she is still used for shooting propaganda with them.

She has had numerous interviews and such with Finnick. She tolerates him, though he is still aggravating. Talking to Finnick, she learned, is a lot less exhausting than arguing with him. Then again, everything is exhausting to her these days. Lilith's suspicions are confirmed when she learns that Finnick has a client base as well, they bond over that. Joking about it makes it all seem better.

The newfound acquaintances meet each other on the roof of their building, the same place they had run into each other years ago.

"You know the Quarter Quell is getting announced tomorrow?" Finnick says, staring out at the city.

"Yep. Just another year of sending people into an area." Lilith has begun to question the Capitol's methods more and more over the years. She wishes she could go back to who she was before the Games.

"Wonder what it's gonna be."

Finnick had watched the once fired up girl become numb and indifferent. He would never admit it, but it worries him. He has seen her change her mind about the Capitol, more and more doubt creeping in everyday. It's like a flame that can't be tamed. He finds himself thinking about Lilith more and more everyday. It's irritating, but it makes him want to help her in any way he can.

"Come on. I want to show you something." Finnick guides Lilith back into the building.

He leads her through the halls, making all sorts of turns. Lilith can't help but look at Finnick's face as they walk. The way the light hits his jaw is just right. The way he looks so focused on getting them to their destination.

She shakes these thoughts out of her head. She's not even supposed to like him, let alone admire him. How did she become somewhat close to him? Shared trauma? They finally get to a door.

"Where are we?" Lilith inquires as Finnick puts in a pin to unlock the door.

"Take a look for yourself." He opens the door, letting her inside. Lilith furrows her brows. She walks in and sees the biggest pool ever. She knows it's a pool, but she could swear she has been transported to the coast in District Four. There is a blue glow in the pool, making it look breathtaking. She has only been to District Four a handful of times, but she'll never forget how beautiful the beach looks.

"Wow." She mumbles. She smiles to herself.

"It's my favorite place in the whole Capitol, reminds me of home." Finnick walks in behind her. He continues to walk until he's at the edge of the pool. He starts taking off his shirt and pants, leaving him in boxers. He turns to look back at Lilith. "Well? Aren't you coming?"

Lilith's eyes widen and she awkwardly laughs. "Oh, no I'm fine."

"Oh, come on!" Finnick pleads. He walks over to her, grabbing her hands and beginning to pull her towards the pool.

"I'm serious!" Lilith resists the pull. 

"What's the problem?" Finnick questions. Lilith sighs. She looks down at her hands, still being held by Finnick's.

"I can't swim." She mumbles. She also has a terrifying scar on her side that she would much rather stay hidden.

"Sorry, what was that?" Finnick says amused.

"You heard me!" Lilith snaps. She breathes, "Sorry."

Finnick thinks for a moment. "Come one." He starts ushering her to the pool again.

"What did I just-"

"Stop talking. For once in your life, please. Trust me." Finnick says, looking in her eyes. Lilith avoids his gaze for a moment, but finds herself being sucked into his gorgeous eyes.

With a scowl on her face, she reluctantly nods her head. She allows Finnick to guide her closer to the pool.

Finnick starts stepping into the pool, leaving Lilith standing at the edge.

She takes a deep breath before pulling her blouse and trousers off, leaving her in her bra and underwear. She folds her arms over her exposed stomach, hoping it shields her scar.

"Come on." Finnick is now standing in waist deep water, holding his hand out to Lilith.

She ignores her churning stomach; the alcohol she drank earlier today threatening to come up. She walks down the steps slowly. She grabs Finnick's extended hand, one of her arms still wrapped around herself.

"You know you need both hands to swim, right?" He jokes, grabbing Lilith's other arm and prying it off of her. She tries to protest, but it's too late, he already saw it.

She sucks in a breath, refusing to look at him. The pair stay silent for a moment. The tension in the room could be cut with a knife.