𝑷𝒓𝒆-𝑮𝒂𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒔 𝑲𝒆𝒚

"When all of this is over, twenty-three of you will be dead. One of you will be alive." The training instructor states with his hands behind his back. Lilith is sure she will be the one alive in the end. "Who that is depends on how well you pay attention over the next four days, particularly to what I am about to say. First of all, no fighting with other tributes, that's what he arena is for. Want my advice? Focus on the survival skills. Your egos are telling you to head for the weapons, but I can assure you that most of you will die of natural causes. Infection, hypothermia, dehydration, for example. Okay, I'll leave you to it. Happy Hunger Games." The instructor walks away after explaining the expectations.

Lilith watches the other Careers going to the weapons, not taking the instructor's advice. The young blonde decides there will be plenty of time to make friends, and goes to the plant identification station.

She is surprised about how much she learned from that one station. She now knows what plants are poisonous and which are okay to eat. She gains the high score, with her name at the top of the list.

Lilith then goes to the rope climbing. As she waits in line for her turn, she scans the room. Lilith sees William messing around with other Careers. Watching the other Careers, she creates a rough draft of a plan in her head. Lilith decides everyone's weaknesses and their strengths.

She steps up to the rope for her turn. Grabbing above her head, she takes a deep breath and hoists herself up. For a fifteen year old girl, Lilith has a lot of strength. She easily glides up the rope, reaching the top and ringing the bell.

She slides down, ignoring the burning of her hands and her panting breaths. She lands on her feet and walks away from the station, towards the other Careers.

"Nice of you to grace us with your presence." William comments when Lilith reaches the group. She gives him a sarcastic smile.

The group consists of the District one tributes, Diana and Bruce, Lilith and William, and the District four tributes, Nancy and Jay. Lilith chooses to ignore who Nancy and Jay's mentor is so she can work with them. Her hatred for that boy grows more and more everyday.

The one and two tributes are ruthless and skilled, the four tributes are decent. Jay puts up a front, but Lilith doesn't think he is very skilled. Nancy is like a deer in headlights. She never knows what to do, always looking terrified. Lilith figured Jay talked her into allying with the Careers. There is no way she would be brave enough to do that on her own.

Lilith gets in a couple more survival training exercises before the end of the day. Feeling sore from the long day, she rubs her shoulder while in the elevator. She waits impatiently to get to her floor, desperate for a shower and a cold glass of water.

The elevator dings and Lilith sighs in relief. "Finally." She mumbles. The door opens and she goes to step out, but something blocks her. Or, rather someone.

"What the-" The young blonde cuts herself off after looking up. "Why is it that you are always on my floor?" She says, annoyance dripping from her tongue.

"My bad. I forgot I'm not allowed to be around the sacred princess." Finnick sneers, eyes narrowing at the girl before him.

"I would much rather if you weren't around me at all." Lilith retorts, pushing her way past Finnick. God, she cannot wait till the day she never has to see this guy again.

─•~❉᯽❉~•─ ─•~❉᯽❉~•─

The next days of training fly by. Lilith masters more survival skills and has practiced her swordsmanship. She feels fully confident about these games. She wants to make the Capitol proud, more specifically, President Snow.