𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑳𝒖𝒄𝒌𝒚 𝑶𝒏𝒆𝒔

The District two tributes, victor, and escort, sit on the couches in the living room; patiently awaiting the scores for their individual assessments.

"I'm very proud of you, darling. A fifteen year old girl taking down a grown man! Amazing!" Ember exclaims, grabbing onto Lilith's hands and squeezing.

"It wasn't very difficult." Lilith laughs. "He was tiny, plus that's child's play." The young blonde brags about her small win.

She may have been able to win one of the many battles she is being put through, little does she know the war will be much different.

The Panem Anthem rings throughout the room, gaining everyone's attention. Caesar Flickerman, the beloved Capitol host of all sorts, appears on the television screen, grinning. His hot pink hair and vibrant purple suit being flashed proudly.

"This is the highly anticipated day of announcing the skill scores. As you all know, each Tribute is scored one through twelve, after three days of careful evaluation." Caesar's voice fills the room. He adjusts the paper in his hands, then looks directly into the camera. "Starting with District one, as usual..."

Bruce scores a nine, with Diana scoring an eight. This makes Lilith fairly confident, not that she was worried in the first place.

"From District two, we have William Hughs, with a score of eight." William's tribute picture flashes on the screen with an eight right underneath. "Also from District two, Lilith Monroe, scoring..." Caesar's voice trails off for a moment. He looks puzzled for a moment, then flashes his perfect smile, "Lilith Monroe with a score of eleven."

A smug grin creeps into Lilith's face, she leans back and crosses her arms.

"Oh! Lilith!" Ember exclaims, squealing.

William nudges her shoulder, she turns to look at him, "Nice job." He compliments.

"Thanks." The young blonde almost mumbles the gratitude; she never knew how to respond to compliments.

Lilith looks at her mentor to see that he's already looking at her, like a proud older brother, who never would admit that he is. Silas smiles at his tribute, feeling silly for any doubt he ever had about her. His faith would be put in Lilith, no matter what happens in that arena.

─•~❉᯽❉~•─ ─•~❉᯽❉~•─

The interview. Hosted by Caesar Flickerman, the interview portion is where the spectators of the games are able to get to know more about their precious tributes. Caesar knows exactly how to work the crowd, getting them to love every single tribute. This is something Lilith admired about the man. Out of all of the people in the Capitol, Caesar is probably her favorite. He's charismatic, clever, and popular. Popular. Lilith has longed to be that since she was a child. To have everyone cheering for her, knowing her name, it all seemed heavenly to her. She was going to win these games, but not for the reasons everyone else would. Most people try to get back to their family; she wants glory.

Lilith sits in a chair for what feels like hours as makeup artists surround her. Although she adores the outcome, she hates the process.

Finally, the makeup artists leave the room, and Lilith is given a moment to breathe. Looking at her reflection, she assesses the damage. Her hair has been pulled back into a loose, low bun. Small pieces out framing her face. Her eyelids have been dusted with various dark colors for a smoky eye. Her lips painted with a black honey colored gloss. Julia, another favorite of the blonde's, enters the room, carrying a long bag. Lilith assumes it's this evening's get up.

"You won't believe the dress I have for you tonight! It's wonderful!" Julia exclaims, hanging the dress bag on a hook.

"I'm sure it is. I have absolute faith in your abilities." Lilith smiles at her stylist. The anticipation eats at her as Julia unzips the bag.