𝑩𝒆𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒅 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑺𝒄𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒔

As much as Lilith loves Caesar, she really does not feel like doing this interview. She knows that one of his questions are going to be insensitive, it'll piss her off, and she'll have to bite her tongue. It also doesn't help that this interview is going to be done with Finnick.

"Thank you for being our wonderful live audience!" Caesar announced from the stage.

Lilith sighs, running her hands down her short, poofy, white dress. Everything is going to be fine. Smile, wave, and everything will go as planned.

"Scared, princess." Finnick sneers, leaning down to be level with her ear.

"No." She whips her head to glare at him. Their eyes are level. "You should be."

Finnick lets out a dry chuckle. "Not a chance."

"It brings me great joy to announce, the Capitol's favorite victors..." Caesar, eccentric as ever, pauses for dramatic effect. "Lilith Monroe and Finnick Odair!"

Finnick and Lilith plaster on fake grins as they strut out onto the stage.

"It's so nice to see you both again!" Caesar says once the three are settled. The host in his usual chair, and the two victors sitting on a small couch.

"Wonderful to see you, too." Lilith smiles.

Caesar turns to the audience. "Always with the flattery, this one"

As if right on cue, everyone laughs like it was the funniest thing ever said. Lilith suppresses the urge to be rude. She can't risk it, not with all of these eyes on her. Instead, she lets out a small laugh. Finnick sits there, smiling.

"To start us all off, I think we should look at the best highlights from your games. We'll look at Mr. Odair's first."

A big screen begins to play "highlights" of Finnick's games. It consists of the most gruesome kills, especially Finnick's.

"Here's the finale!" Caesar exclaims, the fourteen year old Finnick impaling the last tribute. "Pure perfection!"

Lilith glances at Finnick for a split second, his face having a hint of guilt. She wishes they wouldn't replay the most traumatic moments of peoples lives. Before her games, Lilith watched all of the previous games. She never once considered how it affected the people participating. It didn't matter to her, until she was the one in the ring.

"How exciting! Now let's take a look at Ms. Monroe's."

The memories Lilith has tried so hard to bury are plastered on the big screen: for the whole world to see. She tries her best to keep her emotions off of her face.

"What a game.." Caesar mumbles in awe. The crowd cheers. "Now, let's begin. How do you two feel about being here tonight?"

"I'm very honored." Lilith smiles.

"It's a pleasure to be here." Finnick states.

"Very good, very good." Caesar takes a moment to think. "Lilith," she perks up, now listening, "how would you describe your experience in the games?"

Lilith makes it look like she's pondering for a moment, "Exhilarating. It changed my life."

"Changed your life how? Better, worse?"

"Better." Lilith takes a deep breath, "If I hadn't had a chance to be in the games, then I wouldn't have the opportunity to be a peacekeeper, which I thoroughly enjoy."

"I have heard about how you quickly adjusted to living in the Capitol with your new job. How easy of an adjustment was it?"

"Pretty easy. Not much of a difference from my home back in District Two."

Finnick lets out a small, dry, laugh, not loud enough for anyone to hear, except for Lilith. She suppresses the urge to roll her eyes.

"I'm sure your District is proud of how far you've come since your victory."

"Yes, I'm sure."

"Okay," Caesar rubs his hands together, "Finnick, you've been here longer, how do you like it here in the Capitol?"

Finnick acts like he is conjuring up an answer. He takes a breath, "I believe it's lovely here. You get treated differently, here in the Capitol."

"A good different, a bad different?" Caesar is scraping for valuable answers at this point.

"Just... different."

This implies something that Lilith is sure the President wouldn't want.  Something in Lilith is screaming at her to help Finnick. If she doesn't save him, who knows what would happen to him. Though Lilith adores the Capitol, she isn't unaware of some of the graphic punishments they put on people who openly speak about them in bad taste.

"I completely understand what my dear friend Finnick is saying, though I would've worded it better. He is often at a loss for words. I believe what he meant to say was, the Districts are so different from the Capitol, that even with ample time, it still feels odd being here. All around, everyone is so welcoming." Lilith places her hand on Finnick's shoulder as she talks about him, quickly removing it once she is finished.

"Thank you for the perspective. Everyone give it up for our favorite victors, Finnick and Lilith!" Caesar announces, standing. The two victors following suit, standing as well.

Once the pair is off stage, Finnick pulls Lilith to the side.

"What the hell?" She mutters, shaking her arm from Finnick's grasp.

"I didn't need you to do that."

"You should be thanking me. Do you know what would happen if I hadn't saved your ass?" Lilith snaps.

"I could've handled it." He sneers. Lilith hums in a fake agreement. "You're infuriating."

"Well, I needed to pay my debt anyway." Lilith crosses her arms over her chest.

"What?"

"From the dinner."

They both stand there, glaring for a moment. Finnick huffs, moving to the side and finally letting his hostage go. Lilith shoves past him, just needing to rant to Silas about this whole interview.

~~~