𝑻𝒐 𝑩𝒆 𝑳𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒅 𝑰𝒔 𝑻𝒐 𝑩𝒆 𝑼𝒔𝒆𝒅

Lilith had a hard time sleeping. What she thought would be a walk to quiet her mind, turned into an agitating conversation with Finnick. What he said had really bothered her.

This morning, she sits at the kitchen table with her head in her hands. Usually when Finnick makes a comment about her, she just shrugs it off and acts like it never happened. But he got her thinking, what if she really is a bad person? If she is, that would mean that she deserves everything that has happened and will happen to her.

Bad people deserve bad happenings.

"What are you doing?" Silas asks after walking out of his room. Lilith doesn't answer, she just continues to stare off into space. "Lil?"

"What?" She snaps out of it.

"I asked you what you were doing."

"Oh," She mumbles. "Nothing."

Silas gives her a look, "Come on, I know you better than that. What's wrong?"

"Am I a bad person?" Silas is caught off guard by the question. "If I am, that would mean I deserve to be used the way I am. Do I deserve it?"

"Lil, nobody deserves it." Silas sits down next to his sister. "Listen, you're not the only one."

"What?"

Silas thinks about how to explain it to her. "Lilith, there are other Victors that have to do what you do."

Lilith furrows her eyebrows. "What if we're all bad people? I mean, we're all District, despite being from higher ranking. Maybe this is just another punishment to remind us of how horrible we are."

"Lilith, no." Silas grabs her hands. "It has nothing to do with anyone being a bad person. It's..."

"It's what?"

"It's just how the President does things." He carefully chooses his words. Lilith senses that's not all of it, but understands and drops it.

"I have to go." Lilith gets up to get ready for her job.

─•~❉᯽❉~•─ ─•~❉᯽❉~•─

Lilith is stationed outside of President Snow's office. She stands with her arms locked at her sides, just as she was taught.

It's a fairly boring day. A lot of standing and watching was done. That is, until Lilith gets pulled into President Snow's office. A man grabs her arms and ushers her deeper into the room. She stands in the room awkwardly, but also trying to be professional.

"Miss Monroe, I wanted to have a small chat with you." President Snow says, turning his chair to face Lilith.

"Yes sir." Lilith steps closer to his desk, putting her hands behind her back.

President Snow folds his hands on top of his desk. "I have been doing this for a long time, Miss Monroe, and I believe we can be on the same wavelength."

"Yes of course. If you don't mind me asking, what is this about?" Lilith says.

"You and Mr. Odair were a huge hit." He smiles. "I believe scheduling more interviews and such would help boost the Games."

Lilith nods in agreement, although she's dying on the inside.

"I hoped you would agree. There is one other thing I would like to discuss with you." President Snow leans forward.

"Yes, please do." Lilith politely urges him to go on.

"The people absolutely adore you." Lilith smiles at that. "I would like to double your clientele." Her smile falters.

"Oh, um, I'm.. flattered." She stutters out.

"Is there a problem?"

"It's just I'm already spread fairly thin-"

President Snow interrupts her, "If it's a problem, I can take some people off of your plate." People? What does he mean by that?

"Actually, I think I can manage it." She retracts her earlier statement. "It'll be no problem at all."

"Wonderful. I am so glad that we can negotiate like this, it's one of the things I like about you." President Snow grins sinisterly.

Lilith smiles uncomfortably. "I'm grateful for our chats, and honored."

"Good. You're dismissed." Lilith softly thanks him before leaving.

Double her clientele? She's already having a problem dividing up her time, and adding more is going to make it even harder. Maybe she is a horrible person. Eventually, she's going to break. It's just a matter of time.