𝑯𝒐𝒏𝒐𝒓

Life in the Capitol is everything Lilith could've dreamed of. The fashion, the food, the extravagance. She loves it all. She flew through peacekeeper training, top of her class. The only thing she would change is having clients. In order to keep up the image of being the 'darling Lily', she makes sure she is always wearing something that conceals her scar. The clients don't seem to mind, they are only thinking about one thing. 

Some are rougher with her than others. Many times Silas has had to tend to his sister's injuries after a night with one of them.

All of that is worth it, in Lilith's mind, because she gets to be what she's always wanted. A peacekeeper. She is mainly stationed in the Capitol, occasionally she gets sent to a District. This particular day, Lilith is sent to District four.

Lilith patrols around the inside of the Justice Building, per her orders. Unlike the other peacekeepers, Lilith holds no gun. Instead, she is armed with her twin katanas, strapped on her back. President Snow gave orders that she was to have her swords. Lilith believes he sees potential in her.

As Lilith rounds a corner, someone rams right into her. "Watch it!" She shouts. The blonde looks up at the culprit.

"Funny running into you here." Finnick says, venom lacing his words. Lilith crosses her arms over her chest. "What are you doing here, princess?"

"Official business." She states. Her blood begins to boil at the mere sight of him.

Finnick takes a good look at her uniform, then makes a sound of realization. "Of course. I should've known."

"Known what?" Lilith snaps, arms still crossed.

"That you would have joined." Finnick says, crossing his arms to copy the blonde. "You know, being from District two and all."

Lilith scoffs, rolling her eyes. "Seriously? You're stereotyping me? You're wearing a shell necklace for God's sake."

"Hope they read you all the terms and conditions." Finnick remarks, ignoring her comment about his necklace. He begins to walk away.

Lilith puts her hand on his chest, stopping him in his tracks, and shoving him back. "What do you mean by that?"

"Oh, you know, being a slave to the Capitol." Finnick says, removing Lilith's hand from him. "But, that's never been a problem for you anyway."

"I am not a slave to anything." Lilith firmly declares, earning an amused chuckle from Finnick.

"Everyone's a slave, sweetie." Finnick whispers in the blonde's ear. He then walks off as if nothing had happened. Lilith groans out of frustration.

─•~❉᯽❉~•─ ─•~❉᯽❉~•─

"I hate him, Sil. I actually hate him." Lilith fiercely says to her brother after returning from District four.

"Lil, when are you going to realize that you're on the same team?" Silas tries to get through to her.

"Nope. We most certainly are not." Lilith throws herself on the couch of their apartment.

Silas sighs, taking the defeat. He isn't going to get through to her. "How was the train ride?" He changes the subject.

"Fine, I guess." Lilith shrugs.

Both victors are startled when there is a knock at the door. The blonde gets up to check who it is. Upon opening the door, all she sees is a note on the doormat. She reads the note, it depletes whatever good mood she had left.

"What is it?" Silas asks, noticing the sudden change in atmosphere.

Lilith brushes him off. "Just a client." She mumbles.

The blonde rushes to her room, her routine for these nights is like second nature. It's like getting groomed when you're chosen for the Games, except Lilith is doing all the steps to herself. Bathing, waxing, hair, makeup, outfit.

This specific client has suggested she wear white, as most do. She throws on white lingerie one-piece, and regular clothes on top of that. Once ready, she quickly exits her apartment, heading to the client.

Every time she does this, Lilith reminds herself why. This act allows her to have everything she ever wanted. She tells herself this, over and over, making sure it sticks.