𝑨 𝑺𝒎𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝑷𝒓𝒊𝒄𝒆 𝑻𝒐 𝑷𝒂𝒚

It's been months after Lilith's Victory Tour, and she has been living the life she was promised. She has her brother and that's all that matters. She still doesn't talk to her parents, not that it bothers her.

The blonde rummages her room, packing a suitcase. She has been summoned by President Snow. For what, she doesn't know. But it must be important if the president himself is sending for her.

"Are you sure you don't want me to go with you?" Silas asks from his sister's doorway.

Lilith stops folding the clothes in her hands and smiles. "Yes. I'm positive." Silas gives her a look, raising his eyebrows. "Sil, I will be fine. Plus, Ember is coming with."

"She's only going because she has to." He comments.

"She's coming because I asked her to." Lilith gives her brother a pointed look. Silas furrows his brows. "She knows more about the Capitol than you do, and she's never steered me wrong."

Silas rolls his eyes and walks away, causing a small laugh to escape Lilith's throat.

Once she finishes packing, Lilith walks out to the cab parked in front of her house. She puts her suitcase into the trunk and turns to look at the house. Seeing Silas in the front window, she waves him goodbye, and he returns the gesture. Lilith gets into the cab and they set off to the train station.

Ember is waiting for her at the station, smiling from ear to ear. The Victor steps out of the car and immediately runs up to her escort.

"I've missed you so much, dear." Ember exclaims, squeezing Lilith in a hug.

"I've missed you too." The blonde muses. The girls link arms and step onto the train. They walk to the couch and sink into the cushions.

"How have you been?" Ember asks, sitting up more.

Lilith sighs contently. "I've been really good. Everything's been, peaceful."

"You do know it's almost time for you to mentor, right?" Ember says, reminding Lilith she has to be put into the spotlight every year.

"I do. I have Silas to help me." The blonde says, smiling at the thought of her brother.

Ember lets out bubbly giggles. "To think, not so long ago, you were at his throat." This causes Lilith to laugh.

"What do you think the president needs me for?" Lilith asks once their laughter dies down. Ember shrugs her shoulders. "Should I be worried?"

"No, darling, I'm sure all is well." Ember reassures her Victor, grabbing her hand and squeezing it. Lilith nods, pushing her worries aside.

─•~❉᯽❉~•─ ─•~❉᯽❉~•─

Lilith gazes at all of the architecture of the Presidential Palace. She never fails to be impressed by the beauty of it all. The peacekeepers in front of her march through the halls, escorting her.

They stop in front of a big door, Lilith puts her hands behind her back. The peacekeepers swing open the door, revealing President Snow sitting behind a desk with his hands folded on top. He smiles widely at Lilith, the peacekeepers usher her inside. The blonde walks into the office, sitting down at the chair in front of the president's desk.

"Thank you so much for coming, Miss Monroe." President Snow says. "I have been meaning to speak with you."

"It's no problem at all, really." Lilith says politely, folding her hands in her lap.

"Wonderful. I assume your travel was pleasant?" The president says, slightly tilting his head to the side.

Lilith gets a small look of confusion on her face. "It was. I'm sorry, I thought this was important."

"Oh it is. I just like to make sure my victors are well taken care of." Lilith smiles and sighs. "Now, I heard you're having family troubles, is that right?"

"I believe they only count as troubles if you care. I do not." Lilith states.

President Snow ponders for a moment. "I see you are well acquainted with Silas Whitlock."

"Yes." The blonde says, wondering what Silas has to do with anything.

"You also love what we do here in the Capitol, correct?" President Snow questions.

"Yes." Lilith states confidently.

"What would you be willing to do to ensure the Capitol's security?" He questions, squinting his eyes ever so slightly.

Lilith sits up straighter. "Anything. Is it in danger?" She quickly says.

President Snow chuckles at the blonde's enthusiasm. "No, we just like to keep ahead of these things. That being said, I have two things I want to ask you."

"Ask away." Lilith breathes.

"One, how would you like to put your handy skills to work, and become a Peacekeeper?" President Snow asks.

"A peacekeeper?" Lilith repeats. The president nods. She takes a moment to think. "It would be an honor."

"Good. Now, another thing, here in the Capitol, there are a certain type of man who don't get much attention." President Snow explains. Lilith listens closely, not really understanding where this is going. "And these men are rich, so filthy rich they spend their money on anything. They would pay good price for a pretty Victor like you."

"I'm sorry, I don't understand. What are you asking me to do?" Lilith says, furrowing her brows.

President Snow sighs. "I'm asking you, to spend your nights with these men for money. You'll be their Lily." Lilith doesn't say anything for a moment, her hand instinctively touching her necklace. "If not, I guess we don't need another peacekeeper. And I believe Mr. Whitlock would be rather disappointed in your lack of faith in the Capitol."

Lilith swallows harshly. "Okay." She breathes, dropping her hand. She can't bare the thought of her brother being disappointed in her, even if that meant exploiting herself. "I'll accept both."

"Wonderful. Your peacekeeper training will take place here in the Capitol, so you will need to move into an apartment that I will have arranged for you." President Snow explains. Lilith nods quickly. "It will be a two bedroom, so Mr. Whitlock can accompany you, if you so choose."

"Thank you. I won't let you down." Lilith states confidently.

"I know you won't." President Snow says.