𝑾𝒉𝒚

Hours later, Lilith is shoved out of the clients apartment. She frantically pulls on the clothes that were thrown out with her. This boy couldn't have the decency to let her get dressed. As she stumbles through the hall, she runs her hands through her hair, knowing it looks messy. In fact, her whole appearance looks messy. From the wildness of her hair, to the lipstick smeared on her face. She desperately tries to make herself look presentable, though she's pretty sure she's failing.

This client was one of the rougher ones, causing her body to ache. So much so, tears prick in the corner of her eyes, blurring her vision slightly. She knows marks will form on her body from his grip.

Lilith makes it to the elevator, letting herself slide down the wall until her knees are at her chest. She wraps her arms around herself. The tears begin to fall, one after another. The silent tears soon become gut-wrenching sobs.

Too wrapped up in herself, Lilith doesn't realize when the elevator dings and the doors open. When she finally lifts her head to breathe, she sees the last person she wants to see.

Lilith sighs, quickly wiping her face, and trying to catch her breath. She stands quickly, resisting the urge to groan at her soreness. The blonde tries to walk past Finnick, only to be stopped by his hand.

"Please, I'm not in the mood." Lilith's voice comes out scratchy due to the crying.

Finnick doesn't speak for a moment, he seems as though he's trying to figure out what to say. "Why?"

"What?" Lilith says, furrowing her eyebrows. She expected him to say something snarky.

"Why are you crying?" The elevator doors close with both victors inside.

"It doesn't matter." Lilith mumbles, reaching to push a button to open the doors.

Finnick stops her hand, pushing it back at her side. "Just answer the question, Lilith." He raises his voice slightly.

"Why? It's not like you care. You'll probably think I deserve it." Lilith also raises her voice.

"Can you stop arguing with me for once and just answer the question?" Finnick says. Lilith looks at the floor. "God, you're impossible." He mumbles.

"Can I leave? I've had a long night." Lilith snaps, looking back up at him.

Finnick finally takes a moment to take in her appearance. He quickly realizes what happened. He sighs. "Oh." He mumbles. Why her?

"You don't say a word about this interaction." Lilith demands, pointing her finger in his face. She shoves past him and opens the elevator doors.

Lilith leaves Finnick alone. He stands in the same spot for a while. Finnick can't believe she would accept the deal, whatever was included in it. Well, he can believe it. She agreed for the same reason he did, Snow manipulated them. Lilith was wrong about one thing though, he doesn't think she deserves it. No one deserves this.

Finnick thought once Lilith became a Victor, she would finally see the truth. But, it seems he was wrong. She is a Peacekeeper after all, can't get more Capitol than that. He feels for her, as much as he hates to admit it and would never tell anyone. What he can't understand is, why?

Lilith is being put through hell day in and day out, yet she still believes the Capitol is paradise and Snow is God. He wishes he knew why, but he would never in a million years ask her. He's spent all this time hating her, he absolutely cannot stop now.

As Lilith lays awake in her bed, as she does most nights. Though, this night she's awake for a different reason. One she doesn't like. She can't stop thinking about why Finnick cared so much. He hates her guts, so what's it to him what she does? From the look on his face before she left, Lilith could tell he knew. He knows what she is being sent to do. What if... he is also being sent to do that?

Something about the thought makes Lilith's stomach churn. She shakes her head to herself. She can't believe she's losing sleep over Finnick. Him of all people. But, she just wants to know why.