𝑺𝒖𝒓𝒗𝒊𝒗𝒂𝒍 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑭𝒊𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒔𝒕

Lilith exits the stage and is greeted by the furious face of non other than Finnick Odair. The sight alone is enough to make the young blonde want to burst out laughing. Instead she settles for an amused smirk to rest on her lips.

She tries brushing past Finnick, but her attempt is in vain. He grabs her arm and pulls her to the side, out of sight.

"What was that?" The victor hisses, still gripping Lilith's arm.

Lilith raises her eyebrows in amusement and lets out a chuckle. "What was what?" She innocently says.

"That stunt you pulled. I don't know what went through your head, but in case you were confused I don't want to be associated with you." Finnick had never been this aggravated by anyone.

"Well, with all of the running into each other we do, we sure look like best friends." Lilith pulls her arm out of his grasp. "And I'll pull any stunt that I want. I am going to win, and I will do it any way I damn well please." She spits out, glaring up at the boy. She shoves past Finnick, leaving him alone.

Lilith meets up with William backstage, then they go to the elevator, wanting to get one last good night of sleep before being sent off to battle. The District two tributes enter their apartment and are greeted by their mentor.

"You two ready for tomorrow?" Silas questions them.

"Definitely. Why wouldn't I be?" Lilith says with a small amount of annoyance, kicking off her heels.

"Just curious, Lil." Silas says, the nickname he says just slips out. "Sorry." For a moment Lilith could pretend that Silas was just her older brother, desperately wanting to know a secret she was trying to keep. "William, how are you feeling about tomorrow?"

"Fine. We all have the plan down." William states, sensing some awkwardness. He leaves to his room, wanting to rest up. This leaves Lilith and Silas alone in the kitchen. The mentor avoiding looking at his tribute.

"I don't know why you're acting like that, it's just a stupid nickname." Lilith states, grabbing her shoes off of the floor. She doesn't want to admit it, but she has grown fond of her mentor. A sibling-like bond forming between the two. Finally, she gets to have an older brother to look up to, but she realizes it may not last.

"Lilith?" Said girl stops in her tracks. Turning back to look at Silas. "Win." Lilith gives him a tight lipped smile and nods. 

Silas watches as the District two tribute walks to her room. Once he's left alone, his stone expression softens. He usually never gets attached to his tributes, never really worries about them. District two has an abundance of victors, yet somehow Silas ends up mentoring every year. Each year he made it a point to tell them what was necessary for survival, not that the tributes needed much guidance, and that was that. Usually the tributes were too full of themselves to even make time to listen to him... but Lilith had. She sucked in every piece of advice he gave her. Silas wanted her to get out. He needed her to get out. He might go crazy if she doesn't. They may bicker like siblings, but they care like siblings too.

─•~❉᯽❉~•─ ─•~❉᯽❉~•─

The day of the games. Highly anticipated by all since Reaping Day. The 66th Annual Hunger Games is here, and Lilith... she's ready.

The District two posse share a comfortable breakfast. Lilith quietly eats the toast on her plate, her mind anywhere but the table. In just a few short hours, all the tributes are being sent off into the arena. Lilith isn't worried, but she is feeling something. Something that is making her feel uneasy. Nervousness? Possibly.

Silas notices how quiet the young blonde is being, she hasn't even scolded William for talking too much. The mentor takes his fork and stabs a piece of toast on her plate, bringing it to his own and taking it off the fork.