Chapter 18: The God of Creation vs The Oni Swordsman

(Kugouji is seen healing Acheron as they are seen in their hideout. Kugouji remembers Noldrath's words.)

"Nobody cares about this stupid dream of yours!"

(Kugouji holds his head as he yells in anger, and this interrupts the healing process as he storms off. He takes deep breaths as he almost lost his composure.)

Kugouji: Why...? Why did I almost lose to a villain? (punches a wall) Why? (punches the wall again) WHY?

????: It's true humanity doesn't care about unification, but that doesn't mean you can enforce it!

(He gets shocked as he sees Ace Hisashi, who he somehow recognizes.)

Kugouji: Ace?

Ace: Your extreme methods only bring more destruction and fear around the world, just like Union, if not worse

Kugouji: Why are you lecturing me, Ace?

Ace: It's not a surprise someone like you knows my name... (pulls out his Desire Driver) but if fighting you is the only way to stop you from killing more people...

DESIRE DRIVER!

Ace: So be it!

(He then pulls out a buckle, and splits it in two.)

GEATS IX!

(He inserts the buckle in his driver as he prepares to transform.)

SET IGNITION!

Ace: (snaps fingers) Henshin!

REVOLVE ON! DYNAMITE BOOST! GEATS IX! READY, FIGHT!

(They charge at each other, and their punches collide, creating a deep crater, but Geats IX reverts the damage, returning the battlefield to its original state.)

Geats: I understand you seek the unification of the world

Kugouji: If you do, why fight me, Ace?

Geats: Because the way you carry it out is too extreme, even for me.

(Kugouji then charges at Geats, who teleports, dodging each of Kugouji's strikes until he shoots him. Kugouji then launches a powerful slash with his sword, and Geats barely deflects it as he undoes the damage he caused before blocking and shooting each of Kugouji's strikes.)

Geats: Why use such extreme methods to realize such ideals?

(Kugouji tries to strike Geats, who parries his blade before charging at him as he slashes Kugouji away before kicking him down before fixing the ground, having Kugouji stuck.)

Kugouji: (grunts) It's because of the superpowers that my dream is considered impossible to achieve! That's why I want to get rid of all superpowered being...

(Geats slashes and shoots Kugouji, who then headbutts him, but Geats lands on his feet.)

Kugouji: As for the children... I merely erase their powers, and alter their memories to make them go to a different route, rather than the so-called "Heroism" or "Villainy".

Geats: I see... even though we have different ideals, we DO have something in common... the desire for a peaceful world.

BOOST CHARGE!

BOOST TACTICAL VICTORY!

(Geats launches his sword at Kugouji, who barely blocks it with his own. Geats then performs one of his finishers.)

BOOST IX STRIKE!

(Geats then charges at Kugouji as he kicks his blade through Kugouji's Genesis, breaking it as Kugouji coughs blood, and Geats turns around. Surprisingly, Kugouji removes the blade out of his chest as he sighs in sadness.)

Kugouji: I thought I knew you... but now I know you're no longer the Yakumo Ace I once knew.

(Hearing the name "Yakumo" led Geats to become quiet as he remembers one of his past lives.)

(Flashback)

(One of Ace's previous lives is shown as he used to be a student of Kugouji, named as Yakumo Ace. He was also one of the 12 generals of Japan.)

(Kugouji is seen training Ace to become a swordsman as he gives him the "Flare".)

Kugouji: Here's one of the 12 Sentinels, Flare. Remember, for the sake of the world, we must unify it, not divide it.

(Flashback Ends)

(Kugouji is seen turning around as he returns to his hideout.)

Kugouji: In the behalf your former student... I'll spare your life, God of Creation. (walks away) Just don't bother me and Acheron, okay?

(As Kugouji returns to his hideout, Geats IX reverts back to Ace as he leaves, and then the screen fades out.)