Chapter 16: A New Threat Rises/The Origin of the 12 Sentinels

(Noldrath is seen holding his spear he stabbed Chifuyu with before pulling it out, and then he crushes her head before turning to the Union Headmasters.)

Noldrath: My name is Noldrath Bahamut, and I am here to finish what the so-called Destroyer of Worlds couldn't!

(The Union Headmasters gasp in shock as Noldrath smirks deviously.)

Noldrath: That's right, I will destroy this world. All will return to nothing. And of course, Union Headmasters... what better way to destroy the world than starting with you?

(Suddenly an aurora curtain appears, and Haruhime takes Y/N into it before it disappears.)

Noldrath: Looks like Y/N ran away... wasn't interested in fighting him anyway! Well, enough talk. HAVE AT YOU!

(Noldrath transforms into his Dragonoid Form.)

Noldrath: Prepare to die!

(Meanwhile Tsukasa is seen doing a research about the two Oni Swordsmen until he finally found something about the matter.)

Tsukasa: So their names are Mirayaku Kugoji and Acheron...

(Tsukasa found out that Mirayaku Kugouji used to be a blacksmith of the Edo period and has... hibernated for more than a thousand years. As for Acheron, all he could find was that she was a descendant of a famous swordsman family during the Edo period. He also found out about the sword.)

Tsukasa: The sword... the blade that almost killed Y/N.

(Tsukasa found out the sword Kugouji wields is named Genesis, forged with mysterious minerals that have only appeared since the Edo period, a forbidden blacksmithing technique. He also found out that its power can rebuild the world. As for the sword Acheron wields, it's named Naught, and it represents the destruction of all things.)

Tsukasa: Those two swords... is that possible?

(Tsukasa also found out that the swords were forged by 12 Sentinels, given to 12 students of Kugoji who were also 12 guardian generals of ancient Japan. But it was their deaths that led to the creations of Genesis and Naught.)

Tsukasa: So their deaths were the final step for the creation of these swords... or was it...

(He also found out the legend which was told about Kugouji.)

Tsukasa: He fought an Oni named Orokuchi for 5 days and 5 nights without stopping?

(Timeskip)

(Once Y/N recovered from the battle, Tsukasa told to the team about the legend of the Oni Swordsmen.)

Reisen: So these two...

Y/N: I got it now. (everyone gets confused) What he said about the Unification of the World. They want to create a modern but peaceful world, but as long as superpowers exist, it won't be possible as it's because of them, of us... looks like we are actually the source of the conflicts and the suffering of the people.