CHAPTER 2

‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍Sereniah explored lots of places in Cheruella with Mrs. Farra. She wanted to see all the creatures but the librarian didn't allow her.

"You should start creating your own story now. It's more fun than seeing those creatures." Mrs Farra reminded her but Sereniah was more curious. Why wouldn't Mrs. Farra and Guane allow her to see them? What if they're hiding something?

Sereniah catches up with the librarian as she walks up ahead her when she stopped to think. "Why are you not allowing me to see those creatures? Guane is one of them and he's friendly with us."

"Guane is different because he has a job to keep Cheruella. Otherwise, he would also be like those creatures. They can be very nasty and just..evil." Mrs. Farra turned to the girl, "I prefer you not asking anymore of these questions and start creating a story. Or maybe you want to go back already?"

Sereniah went silent for a moment as she began to think. "I'm staying for a while. I will now create one."

"Good. Now, I'll leave you to yourself but I'll be back. Just approach Guane if you need help." Mrs. Farra then left.

Are those creatures truly evil? But Guane is friendly so Slovurans might be also. Well, not all humans are friendly though so maybe it's the same with them. Sereniah sat under a tree for a second and ponder. She then quickly stood up and ran towards where Guane is. She pleaded with him to take her to Gailstone to meet other Slovurans but Guane refused. She insisted more saying it'll only be for a moment. Guane soon gave in and asked her to not tell Mrs. Farra about it. Sereniah was delighted and nodded.

Together, they walked to a village called 'Gailstone' where there was a mist and it could be hardly seen if anyone is walking over them. But then Guane pulled out something like a horn and blew in it. It has no sound but the mist was suddenly gone. Sereniah was amazed.

Because the mist was gone, she now clearly see the streets and all the houses. It looked strange but beautiful. There were strange looking people walking around and entering their houses and they were all different. Slovurans. Some had a head of a bull and they looked pretty scary. There were female ones that looked like a cat but they were pretty. As they walk around, those people turned to look at Sereniah as for them, she looked strange and doesn't look anything like them. Suddenly, a small person that has a tail of a rat, ears of a fox and was quite hairy approached them.

"Guane, long time no see. And, you brought a visitor. Care to introduce her to us?"

Guane then told Sereniah to stand behind him but she was excited to meet another Slovuran. The small guy looked a bit cute and friendly. She then held out her hand and introduced herself to him, with a smile on her face.

"Oh? Alright Ser..uh, Sirnoya? But we don't allow strangers here." Sereniah then pinched the cheeks of the strange guy where he was surprised and irritated but shook her hand away quickly. Guane scolded Sereniah and told her that they just leave. Before they could though, there was a huge chaos in the village as ground began to shake and rumble. What's happening? The small guy panicked and shouted to the other Slovurans that they hide in their houses.

Guane pulled out his sword as they began to get prepared. What were they doing? Sereniah thought it was a bit unlikely for them to be like that because it was an earthquake. They were preparing their swords and other stuff. But then, a giant appeared. He was sniffing something in the air.

"A Norphyne has come in Gailstone!" The small guy shouted. So it wasn't an earthquake. Some Slovurans screamed and was just hidden in their houses. Sereniah then asked Guane if it's a big deal that a giant came.

"It is. Norphynes and Slovurans are not in good terms. It's a bit odd that a giant come through here without any announcement." Guane explained. The giant then soon stooped down at the streets and sniffing again. The small guy whose name was Annias, shouted a question at him asking him what's with the sudden visit to a place of people they're not in good terms with.