Chapter 17

I walk towards where Thomas was calling from,that girl still fluttering through my brain.Who was she?Why was she here?

"What?"Nancy asked as she looked over Thomas' shoulder.Thomas raised his arms to the air,showing some thick rope."Now what the fuck are we gonna do with that?"Michael asked,resting his hands on his hips with some sass."What we're going to do with this is pull it apart and make a fire!"Thomas continued with a wide grin,the rest of us just looked unimpressed."Cant we just use wood?"Nancy asked,her jaw hanging slack."Wow way to show creativity Nancy"Thomas said,holding the rope in one hand and placing the other on his hip.I roll my eyes and my mouth opens to speak,"Okay but your carrying it"I spoke,turning around and walking back into the library.

It had been a dream of mine to start an art book since before camp.And now I finally had the chance to grab up some notebooks,my dreams were finally coming true.I walked over to where I got my diary from and pick out a big art book,some pencils and a rubber (eraser for the Americans)."Are you still snatching up all that paper?"Nancy chuckled nodding towards the supplies in my hand."O-oh uh...no it's just that I think I should start...you know...keeping a journal..."I stuttered,slowly placing my supplies in my bag."And the drawing pad?"She smiled looking me in my eyes with that look of happiness that she always did."always been a fan of art"I respond,a small grin playing along my features.Nancy just nodded and started to walk towards a book shelf,I follow shortly behind to see what she was looking at.It was a little book with a daisy drawn up the side,in the stem it had the words 'The language of flowers'.I had no idea Nancy was interested in flowers,not that it was a bad thing.I myself had a bit of a knack for flowers;I studied Floriculture in high school...not too long before the rot."You like flowers huh?"I ask,turning away from the shelf to look at her."Yeah...I wanted to be a florist before the rot...Didn't you study Botany?"she asked,correctly as always."Yeah...yeah I did...you know,if you ever wanted to know about any plants...I'm always free"I hesitate.I felt like I was boasting about my knowledge of flowers when she was the one interested in it.But if she did want to learn I could certainly help so it was worth a shot.

"Y-you'd do that for me?"She stuttered,she looked shocked;as if no one had ever offered her anything in her life."Of course,only if your interested that is"I say,my lips curling into a smile."I-I'd like that"she started to blush.It was cute seeing her so happy."No problem"I smiled grabbing the book she was looking at and placing it in her hands."I think you should keep this"I grin.She smiles and takes the book into those soft hands of hers,combing a piece of her hair behind her ear.Pretty...

"AAH SHIT!"I heard a voice call out from the distance and looked away from Nancy and at the door of the Store.I could see Thomas,Savannah,Michael,Ollie and Jack all sprinting towards me and Nancy as a ROAMER chased them."Back door!OPEN THE BACK DOOR!"Called out Savannah.I took Nancy by the hand and slammed my foot into the back door,smashing it through and wafting my arms in a way that signalled for them to follow as me and Nancy leapt through.

Savannah,Ollie,Michael,Jack and then finally Thomas raced through the door and I slammed the little slider lock across again,hoping to keep the roamer away for that little bit longer.Fortunately,Roamer's aren't very smart;as you might have guessed by the way half of their brain is missing.The roamer slammed its body lazily against the door as it growled in pain.I felt bad but...whatever humanity was in it was long gone.

We thrust forward,lurching away from the store and into a sort of field that flowed behind it.The grass was tall,overgrown but it was littered with daisy's and dandelion's.It was gorgeous."Wow..."Nancy muttered,I think her florist mentality was showing as she walked through the field.I take out my notebook,A pencil and a rubber (again this is an eraser for the Americans),quickly scratching a sketch into the paper of the sight before me.

I take out my notebook,A pencil and a rubber (again this is an eraser for the Americans),quickly scratching a sketch into the paper of the sight before me

Jack leans over my shoulder and his jaw drops in shock when he sees the sketch."D-did you draw that?"He asked,as if he was surprised that I of all people was good at drawing."Mhm..."I respond,continuing to sketch and then write the date at the bottom of the page.'15/7/28'."How is it that you come to know the date?"He pondered,considering my phone was still out of use with no battery to show for itself.

Before I could even gather my thoughts,I felt something being placed upon my head and when I looked up,I realised it as a daisy crown.What was even more bizarre is that Ollie and Michael were the ones who Made it.I had no idea Michael knew how to make daisy crowns,But I suppose it would make sense as he knew how to sew and other things as such.I really am starting to more and more believe he's not entirely straight.That's not at all directed at him being able to see it's more on the fact of his mannerisms.He was sassy and sarcastic,he had a way of flipping his hair back in the stereotypical 'gay' way.I'm not homophobic,I'm bisexual myself but when I say the gaydar was TICKING.

"oh,thank you"I smiled as I felt the crown on my head."Pretty crown for a pretty girl"Ollie complimented me.He was so cute.Not in a weird pervy way I mean like...he was adorable like a newborn;even if he was 11.

Michael smiled down at Ollie,pleased with himself.They had this certain father-son relationship.I smile too,finishing up my drawing and placing my sketch book back into my bag.I walk over to Savannah who was sat beneath a tree,her knees to her chest."You okay?"I ask,one hand on my hip and the other on my forehead,wiping away some sweat-it was July after all."Yeah I'm okay it's just that...there's certain drawbacks to being ginger and it being summer"She chuckled and so did I as I sat down next to her."Yeah that sucks..."I lay my legs to the side of me so we're both sat beneath the leaves of this gorgeous tree."Weird place for a daisy field huh?"I try to make small talk.It was true though,why was there a daisy field here?In the middle of a city behind some regular old convenience/library store.Weird.I suppose I can't fault it though;it was keeping us alive."Yeah I guess it is"She mumbled,closing her eyes and leaning backwards up against the bark.I look up,the sun starting to fade into the night and the sky getting darker."We should set up camp soon"Thomas hollered,standing in the middle of the field with his hand over his eyes while he squinted."Agreed"Jack responded.

"Alright then,Michael and Ollie sharing again?"Nancy asked looking at the pair."Mhm fine by me"Michael responded."Yeah I'm okay with that"followed Ollie.