Chapter 8

We make it to the open home but not before the old guy did.

I stand in the middle of the room,in front of the guy."I can't let you leave,Joules"he says in his raspy,husky voice."And you,Mr Volsen...I would never have expected you to help break people from our care."he continued."You know better than to let your guard down William"Jack replied.Well now we know this guys name.WiLlIaM.

I hold my pistol in front of my face,pointing it at William."so the little girl grows a pair does she?"He chuckles.I circle around him towards the door "pass me the keycard Jack"I demand and soon after I'm grabbing the card from mid air and swiping it through the reader,still holding the gun towards William.

"Well,if the roamer's don't kill ya the starvation will"William wheezes and I grab Nancy's hand,interlocking my fingers with hers and helping her out of the door.Sav,Thomas,Mike,Ollie and Jack followed closely behind us as we run straight through the city;or what's left of one.Most of the city's were ripped down by the Decayed a long time ago.

"In there!"Savannah said,pointing at a half broken building.Oh my god!she had an idea for once.We all rush into the building.

"right,everyone pick a partner and look for supplies"Jack instructs us."Ill go with Michael"Ollie says."Me and Joules will go together"Nancy continues."me and Thomas can team up..."Sav says.It didn't take a genius to figure out that Savannah had a thing for Thomas.Me and Nancy share a knowing glance,it's our job as best friends to read eachothers minds.
Though a part of me can't help but feel bad for Mike,he had Jax and now that William had taken him away...He didn't have anyone to mind read with;and he was hardly doing mind reading with a twelve year old.

Me and Nancy dig through some clothes,I pull out a couple tank tops,pants and jackets.

I pick up a grey jacket and stand behind Nancy,wrapping her up in it and brushing my hand up her arm.I didn't try to but I can't say I didn't like the feeling of her skin.I stand in front of her and zip up the jacket.The whole interaction had a sort of intimate feel,but neither of us were particularly complaining.

I pick up a black jacket and put it over myself."You okay?"I ask her.She was red in the face."Y-Yeah im fine"she quite clearly lied.I smirked to myself and had a look around another area,soon after I found a crate full of weapons."Wah get in"I say in excitement.Nancy came over to me to see and her jaw practically hit the floor.

I reached my hand into the crate and pulled out five holsters.One for me,one for Nancy,one for Savannah,one for Mike and one for Thomas.Ollie had no need for a holster;he's literally Twelve.

I buckle my own holster onto the loops in my shorts but see Nancy struggling.I probably should have asked but I took hold of either side of it and buckled it together,holding onto her hips for support.I heard her breath hitch and i slip my pistol into the front pocket."Don't you need that?"she asked trying to pass it back to me,I just put my hand on top of hers and pushed the gun back down.I stick my hand into the crate and pulled out a big shotgun and clipped it to the back of my backpack,I could then feel it against my spine and it was slightly uncomfortable but it also felt nice knowing I had a weapon if I needed it."Well Atleast have this"she said trying to hand me her Tazer.I just put it back in the button pocket on her holster,once again reaching into the crate and pulling out little curved knife."Not sure what your gonna do with a knife Jem"She giggled and so do I.In that moment...all I can find myself doing is staring into her beautiful,ocean eyes...She seemed to be doing the same.