Chapter 14

We make our way into the woods,we come to a halt when we reach a small,slim tree that looked easy enough to cut down."This one look okay to you?"i grinned,looking at the tree."How about this one?"Nancy asked,looking at a slightly thicker tree beside it.I nod and she swings her arms against a branch,pulling it off and throwing it into an area,starting a pile.I do the same,swinging my wrists into another branch,kicking it as it flung off.I duck down and pull Nancy down with me as it swung back.Unfortunately,my balance was slightly off as instead of pulling her down so she wasn't hit with a branch,I ended up falling on top of her instead."Shit sorry,sorry"I apologised as I shoved my hands into the dirt above her shoulders,staggering to my feet.Nancy,on the other hand,was flushed red as she lay on the floor,her short black hair spreading out a little.

I brushed some dirt off of myself before reaching my hand down to help her up.She looked up at me and hesitantly gripped my hand tightly,raising into a standing position.I take my hands to her hair and comb it through,dusting off some dirt from it and then going down to her back,doing the same there."Is my ass covered in dirt too?"She asked trying to turn her body to see for herself.I take a look and stand back up."Nah your good"I wipe my nose as I stand up squinting as the sun lowered behind Nancy."It s starting to get dark,We should head back"I finish ripping the branch from the tree and throwing it over my shoulder,Nancy does the same as we find a few more sticks laying around.We start to head back to the camp and get completely shocked when we see an already lit fire.Did they send me and Nancy away so they could have peace?Or was it because...because they were...setting us up?

"What's all this?"I ask pointing at the fire in the center of all the tents."oh I found some thatch in the sand but we couldn't find you two"Michael smirked,He knew exactly what he was doing.I roll my eyes and take a seat next to Jack,Nancy sits next to Thomas.

"Well,for the first day I'd say we're doing pretty well..."Savannah sighed,i can't help but nod in agreement as she says this.It felt like Sav and I were finally getting closer as the days passed."Yeah...Yeah we are aren't we..."Thomas mumbled as he rested his hands on his knees,leaning forward slightly.He had his chesnut brown,mid length hair hung over his face.No matter how long it had been since he washed his hair,it always looked so soft and fluffy.

"I think our game plan for tommorow is,find food,Keep walking to the mountains and maybe find a drink.Mike do you still have those six waters you found back in camp?"I ask looking up from the floor and over at Michael.I realise now,I haven't described in detail what Michael actually looked like,so I'll spell it out for you.

Michael had strawberry-blonde hair that sort of combed over his face but a little longer than his forehead,so it kind of reached his eyebrows.He was pale and freckled with mid length eyelashes.Between you and me,dear reader,I like to believe Michael isn't entirely straight...But he isn't gay either.He was 17 and British,like the rest of us except for Jack...who oddly enough,is American?Jack had jet-black hair that combs upwards at the front,I like to describe it as 'Ice cream hair'.He fashioned some Hazel eyes and he was quite muscly,so he would be after working as a WHISP guard for so many years.Jack,unlike the rest of us was actually 18 rather than 17.

"I think that sounds like a smashing plan"Thomas smiled as his eyes were heavy against his face,he was tired and so we're the rest of us."Smashing?"Jack questioned,it was so hard to forget he didn't understand British slang."It means great"Savannah filled him in with a chuckle and he nodded in realisation.Michael yawns and starts to speak "I think we should get some shut eye if we're gonna be walking all day tomorrow".I agree,there is no possible way we would have made it even halfway to the safe haven.We all nod and stand up,walking over to our respective tents and zipping them up.

I lay in my sleeping bag on my back,looking at the roof."G-goodnight"I call out into the air."Night"Everyone calls back and I smile to myself.I'm glad I'm not alone anymore...