Chapter 9

I stand up and before i can say anything,a voice in the distance echoes down the corridor,it's Jack!
"Anyone find anything?"He says.Me and Nancy look at the crate both thinking 'I think so'.
We both lean down and grab the bottom of the crate,dragging it along the ground with us,ignoring the situation we were in not even five minutes ago.

"Me and Nance found these,oh and I got us all a holster each"I say pointing at the crate and then pulling the holsters from my backpack,it did feel nice to have clean clothes and bags."Well haven't you two been busy"Jack grins,as if he had seen exactly what we just did;it's not like we were doing anything bad,I was only helping her.

Jack takes a pistol from the crate and waves it around "to replace the one you stole"he chuckles,slipping it into his own holster as i roll my eyes while I smile.

"Me and Thomas found these"Savannah says,throwing a few rolls of bandage to all of us,we had two rolls each."Neat"Nancy says,rolling her backpack over her shoulder and unbuckling it,dumping her bandages in and slinging it back over her shoulder.It was kinda hot seeing her do that,i start to do the same as everyone but Ollie and Mike grab a holster,they haven't come back yet.I mean...Ollie didn't have one anyway but he might need one to be fair,we can't leave him unarmed in the middle of the death.

"Hey guys where's Mike and Ollie?"Jack asks,taking the words right out of my mouth."They went that way"Thomas says,pointing towards some rusty stairs across the room."Everyone grab some weapons and gear up,Me and Nancy will go find Mike and Ollie"I instruct,having to take charge out of fear that Savannah might try to,and we'd all die if that happened.

One by one they all nod and crowd around the crate,each rooting around and grabbing a few weapons of their choice.With in a few moments,the crate was only a few weapons that we saved for Mike and Ollie.There was a pistol and knife-for Mike.And a pepper spray and pocket knife-For Ollie.

Me and Nancy collected our thoughts and walked towards the stairs that Thomas had pointed at,stepping up and feeling them Shake as we moved."it feels like they're about to fall through"Nancy grimaced.

Suddenly,the stairs started to shake and wobble beneath Nancy,Making the step she was stood on fall down.With zero hesitation,I reached my hand out and grabbed onto her hand,the bandages I had on kept her sweat from making me lose my grip."DONT LET GO!"She shouted out,trying to grasp onto the railing and pull herself up.Her legs thrashing in the air in panic."I've got you don't worry!"I try to comfort her as I pull as hard as possible.Before I had time to think,four more hands grabbed onto Nancy from behind me.One was a smaller pair of hands and the others were veiny and toned.ITS MIKE!

Me,Mike and Ollie pull on Nancy's hand as hard as possible and after a moment or two,we have Nancy planted firmly on the ground of the second floor.

"What the hell were you two doing?"Mike shouts,obviously in a state of shock."We were looking for you two,what did you guys find anyway?"I wipe some dust off of myself and turn to Nancy,wrapping my arm around her hips to stabilise her shaking legs.

Mike reached into his backpack without taking it off and pulled out a keychain with what looked to be car keys attached."Found some keys...we were looking for the car"He says softly.Well Atleast now we can get away faster.

I parted my lips to speak but was interrupted when the familiar sound of helicopter blades echoed through the air around us."it's them get down!"i whisper shouted before grabbing Mike,Ollie and Nancy and pulling them behind a pillar next to where the stairs were.We could hear Jack,Savannah and Thomas shuffling about downstairs.

A moment or two later,the helicopter's piercing screech faded back into the distance.What I hadn't realised in a moment of panic was that I was holding onto Nancy's lower back and holding her so close that I could feel her heart beating rapidly against my own chest.I let go and pull back,"SORRY!"I apologise,im not too sure why though...I was only trying to help her hide.Your probably wondering,how did me and Nancy come to have such a relationship.Truth be told...I owe her my life.

The day she took me into her camp with everyone else,I was so close to death...Until her angel-sculpted features clouded my vision (or what was left of it,I was severely dehydrated).She gave me some of her water and walked me to the oh so sweet sight of that old 'No trespassing' sign that was propped up against the gates,the barbed wire that crossed along the bottom (fun fact,that's actually where the gash on my ankle came from).

"No no...it's alright you were only trying to help..."She looked down,trying to hide the heavy blush that was spreading across her freckled cheeks.Ollie looked at me,then at Nancy and then back at me.He knows what's up.

I see him tug on Mike's sleeve,like a little toddler but it was extremely cute,and whispering something into mikes ear.Whatever it was he said it put a huge smirk on Michael's face.

"You look pleased"I look at Mike and raise my eyebrows."So does she"His smirk grows wider as he points at Nancy,whose gaze still hasn't faltered from her feet."S-shut up"she whispers,her embarrassment shining through.It was quite cute seeing her so shy,she'd always been so strong and independent since I met her.I mean...I didn't even know if she was into girls like this...