Chapter 6

"JEM!"Nancy Hollered as she rose from her seat in the main hall,leading me back to where Mike,Thomas and Savannah were sat."looking good,Jem"Mike bites his lip jokingly (I hope) and looking me up and down.I guess I did look kind of hot right now,but my eyes however...we're fixated solely on Nancy.

She was wearing a black tank top that perfectly showed off her chest without showing too much and her black,loose jeans.It's not creepy to admire a friend like that...right?

"Where'd ya get the gauze?"Sav asked pointing at my bandages on my hands.They were doe quite nicely,not a seam in sight."My guard gave them to me"I say turning my hands around,admiring the work he performed."Oh you mean one of those suited guys?They kinda give me the creeps"Thomas cut in.I mean he would have given me the creeps if he wasn't DROP DEAD GORGEOUS!

"Oh yeah...me too"I lied.No one needed to know what had happened a few minutes before.

We weren't the only people in the room though,not at all.There were several other Group's of kids around our age.There was one table in particular that caught my eye.A table in the corner that only one person sat at...a little boy that was far younger than anyone else.If I had to guess I'd say he's about 10 or 11 at best.I felt bad for him.Half of me wanted to invite him to sit with us,The other half of me said to not let my guard down.I turn to one of the other people who was sharing a table with us."Who's that little boy?"I say tapping a girls shoulder.She whipped her head to the side,her strawberry blonde ponytail thrashing back and forth as she looked to where I was pointing."No idea,he's been here longer than a lot of us"she said before taking a breath and speaking again."I think his name is like...oliver or something"she continued.I just nod and turn back to my group."Should we invite that little boy to sit with us?"i whisper to Nancy,discreetly pointing at his table."if you want...I do feel kinda bad leaving him to sit alone"she replied.Without another word,i arose from my seat and waddled over to the child.

"Hey kid?Me and my friend want to know if you'd like to come sit with us...over there?"I say pointing at where Nancy and the rest of them were sat.I watched the kids eyes twinkle as he saw Savannah.Oh dear.

"Y-yes please m-ma'am"he stuttered.Ma'am?is he joking?surely I don't look that old."Please,call me Joules"I correct him...but politely so I don't look awful to this poor little boy.He just nods,I can tell that he's shy but who can blame him,he probably hasn't spoken to anyone in a long long time.The boy followed me back to the table and sat between me and Nancy.I would have rather he didn't but who am I to order this kid around."Hey bud,what's your name?"Mike says in his most friendly (yet forced) voice."O-Ollie s-sir"he tried to get out.I think he has a speech impediment."You can call me Michael mate,That's Sav"he points at Savannah before continuing "and that's Thomas"he points in Thomas' direction where he is mid munch in a bowl of rice."Shut up I haven't eaten in a week"Thomas retaliates to our stares of confusion."Fair"Savannah says as she shrugs."Your with us now Kid"Nancy says,placing her arm around him and looking down at him.He just nods and looks at the door across the room as it started to open."Alright,you know the drill...whatever table your sat at is what room your in for the night.Table 12,you're room A5"the old ish looking man at the door pointed at the table next to us."Table 11,You're room A3"he pointed at our table.I looked at the door and recognised the build of one of the guards.It's jack!And it looks like he's looking at me too?

Nevermind that though,room A3.Got it.

After the old guy called out all of our rooms,Jack came over to us and guided us to our room."I hope you guys enjoy your night,the blankets are in that cupboard"he says before pointing at the cupboard hung up on the wall on the far side of the room.It wasn't a particularly big room but it was big enough.Jack leaves and we hear the door lock.Strange.

"Oookay everyone choose a bunk buddy"Nancy said clapping her hands together and rubbing them."Ill take Ollie"Mike said ruffling Ollie's hair."Ill take Thomas?"Savannah said sort of sounding unsure."Fine by me I guess"Thomas shrugs and walks over to a bunk bed,immediately laying down on the bottom bunk,his hands behind his head and one of his knees bent so his foot is flat on the bed,a second later Savannah climbed the ladder and lay on her side in the same bunk.

"Guess that leaves us two?"Nancy asks putting her hand on my shoulder.Her hands are soft...but they're cold..."guess it does"I smile sweetly,walking over to the last free bunk."You take top yeah?"Nancy offers.I have no words to say so I just nod and climb the ladder,placing my bag at my feet.

I lay on my bag,the lights dim from the few lamps around the room.I part my lips to speak."Night guys"I whisper shout.
"night"everyone says in unison.