Chapter 11

"D-Did you just say...Jasmine Hope?"Thomas asked,unsure if what he had heard was really what he said.I looked at everyone and they all had a look of sorrow on their face,Except Jack and Ollie...They didn't know Jax anyway."Y-Yeah...Jasmine Hope"I repeated,still in quite some shock myself."W-what does the next page say?"Savannah asks,looking particularly teary.I flicked to the next page and began speaking again,"1/04/27.Dear Diary,My brother came back today,he said he found his friend,Michael,and they went to some camp near the forest.He must have gone far if they went to a forest,we're in an abandoned warehouse mid city.

Sincerely,Jasmine Hope"I read out the next page.I knew for a fact that this was going to upset Mike deeply."I remember that..."Michael choked,I could tell there were tears he was desperately trying to hide."What does the next page say?"Nancy speaks,wiping a single tear from her cheek.I furrow my brows but continue to read,I flick to the next page."1/04/27.Dear Diary,Jackson and mum had an arguement today,he said he wasn't going to sit around and wait to be killed and he said he was going to live in that camp with his friend.He mentioned some girl too...I think her name was...Elena or something?I don't know but I'm not sure how we're gonna last without Jackson...

Sincerely,Jasmine Hope"I finish."Whose Elena?"i look up from the book,everyone was quiet,no words to say at all."She was Jax' Girlfriend..."Thomas speaks up."She was killed by...a roamer..."He choked on his own words.Poor Jax...no wonder he wasn't too pleased with being bitten.Not that anyone would but I can imagine it was especially bad for him."O-oh"I stutter,I had no idea what to say to something like that.Nancy takes a deep breath before speaking shakily."There's a pen attached..."she spoke.I'm not at all sure why it was irrelevant but I suppose she was probably attempting to break the silence.I look down and notice a white piece of paper hanging from the side of the book,it was much brighter that the yellow pages of the diary.I pull it out and read who it was addressed to.The letters read 'Michael Whitlock'.My gaze rises and I stare Michael down.

"It's for me...isn't it...?"Mike asked knowingly.I nod and reach to pass him the letter,it was his right after all.

He took hold of the paper and unfolded the lip,his breath getting heavier as he started to read."Dear Michael,I know that you know my brother,Jackson,and I just want to ask a few things,for my peace of mind.

How is he,My brother?Is he doing well?And what about that Elena girl he told us all about?I realise as I write this that I don't actually know where I'm sending it...Or if Jax will ever see it.If you do need up finding this,tell him I miss him please.We're leaving for the safe Haven a few miles away tomorrow morning.I want you to let Jax know where we are.

We're going to the eastern mountain tops,there's a camp full of survivors that will keep us more safe than we ever will be in this warehouse.Good luck Michael...

Sincerely,Jasmine-Jax' sister"he finished reading just barely through the growing lump deep within his throat."Eastern mountain tops eh?"Jack spoke,trying to lighten the mood."What if we go there?We'll be safe from WHISP and we'll have some other people around too!"Savannah said enthusiastically."That's the smartest thing you've ever said,Sav"Mike mocks her."But I do agree,it could be better for us there than it is in here."He continues,trying to keep his mind off of the topic of Jax."Do you guys think anyone will actually be there though?This letter was written a year ago,the camp could have moved"Jack reminded us.Even if we did have a slim chance it was a chance I was willing to take."What other choice do we have,Jack?Eh?Either we go now or be found here later by WHISP!"i shout,My voice breaking from trying to hold back tears.I wasn't going to let us be found and taken back to that prison.

"Hey,hey,hey,it's okay love"Jack holds onto my shoulders and tries to calm me."Nonononono"I say hastily,tears starting to fall from my eyes.Jack held onto me and pulled me closer to his body,as a sort of hug but only a one sided one as my arms hung stiffly by my side.

I hated hugs,my dad made sure of that.I push myself away from the hug and take out the keys that Michael gave to me earlier.Jack's face contorted into a look of confusion,worry...something I hadn't seen him with before."Let's find that car..."I wipe my hand across my eyes and put on a smile.