Chapter 5

After a little while,the rotating blades came to a slow and agonising halt as we landed at some sort of bunker."Where are we?"Nancy asked as we looked out of the helicopter windows."Home sweet home" a husky voice echoes from the cockpit.

One by one each of the suited men took one of us out of the helicopter,the guy who checked me walking behind me closely and leading me to the now opening large metal door.We all walk in and the door shuts behind us."Niiiice"Thomas said looking around the room.I have to admit,it wasn't the best looking room really.The walls were just drywall with cracks and cobwebs as decoration."Are we looking at the same room?"Nancy said,taking the words right out my mouth.I adjust my my backpack on my shoulder and also looking around.I avert my vision to Jax,who still hasn't said anything,strange."This one talk much?"the suites guy next to him asked."Usually but he's been quiet since earlier"Savannah blurted out,to which the guy next to him grabbed his shirt and pulled it up,revealing a bulging,throbbing bite mark.

"JAX WHAT THE FUCK!"Mike shouted out,now seeing the real reason Jax hadn't been talking,his ribs were caving in as the virus was eating at the bone."Code 'rot' in the open home,that's a code rot in the open home"the guy said into his walkie talkie,holding Jax' hands behind him."I-Im not d-dangerous...guys p-please!"Jax pleaded as the guard dragged him into a connecting room,his screams still heard from the open home."Everyone remain Calm,everything is going to be Okay"the guard next to Nancy said,unconvincingly.

"Let's get you guys cleaned up,showers are in there"Mike's Guard said pointing at a door at one end of the open home."So we're just gonna ignore what just happened?Oh okay that's cool I just have one question,WHAT THE FUCK?"Mike asked,now screaming at the guard.I can't blame him...Jax was his best friend for years before the virus and now he was dragged away all in the time span of five minutes?Seems Legit."Calm Michael,They're only trying to help...he was going to kill us eventually"Savannah said following me,Nancy and Thomas to the showers.There was no point in standing around...no amount of standing there was gonna get Jax back.

I see Mike wipe his nose and adjust his backpack before following us and the guards to the showers.

After we hung up our bags,Me,Sav and Nancy went left to the womens showers,and Mike and Thomas to the right,where the men's showers were.I couldn't believe how fast we were all moving past Jax,our friend of a year and a half and Mikes friend for eight years,it's tragic.

I strip off my off-white tank top that was covered in holes and my navy blue jacket and loose jeans,throwing it to the side.Soon after unbuckling my bra and dropping my underwear.It had been a while since my last shower-don't diss me we didn't have a working shower in camp.

I started out by rinsing my hair under the warm water and rubbing the bar of soap down my body.It felt good to finally be clean.

About half an hour later,us three girls left the shower room and into the locker room,obviously we were wearing towels but it had a sort of intimate feeling walking around almost naked,not to mention seeing Nancy's toned arms and Savannah's...well Savannah's nothing,she's not that good looking...not to my standards anyway. She was ginger and freckled with a bent-ish nose.That's not to say it's ugly to have a bent nose,just not on Savannah.I always did find Nancy a lot hotter than Sav.That's just coming from a 17 year old bisexual though,but believe me...if you saw Nancy,you'd be pretty gay too.

I got to my stuff and instead of finding the clothes I previously discarded,I found a moss green coloured T-shirt and some grey shorts with a couple of pockets.Sweet.

My rucksack was nowhere to be seen but my metal container was beneath my clothes and a new green backpack with buckles replaced the old one.Boy do I feel treated.

I collected my things and walked to the door of my locker room,being jump scared by my guard stood outside."Your Joules,Right?"he asked,oh good...for once he isn't just saying 'How?' Over and over."That's right,you are?"I say,looking him up and down."I'm jack,I've got something for you"he says reaching into his holster,for some reason I expected him to take out a gun but suprisingly,he pulled out plasters and bandages instead.Thank fuck.

"What are these for?"i ask looking at the items."For you hands...here"he says,grabbing my hands and starting to wrap them in gauze and swaddle my fingers in band aids.It was kind of giving me butterflies,letting him wrap up my hands."Lift up your mask..."I demand looking up at him.He hesitates but ultimately lifted the fore part of his mask,revealing his hazel,glory eyes and those somehow perfect eyebrows.

"You gonna stand there staring or are you going to meet your friends?"he smirks,inching closer to me and pinning me against the wall.God damn...