Chapter 10

Nancy looks up and her face is bright red...I had no idea I could have such an effect on someone...

I take her hand and we go down another set of stairs to everyone else,there was no way we were using the other stairs after what happened earlier.

"Hey Jem!look at this little guy!"Jack says in a fan girly voice,i walk over to what he was looking at only to see a little white kitten with black markings on his head."Wow I didn't even know cats could survive out here anymore"I say in suprise.It was true though,I hadn't seen any animal except the farm animals back at camp.It's been a good year and a half since I last saw a pet type animal.

I lean down and the cat backs away,I can't blame the poor thing...the only people he's probably ever seen are the undead,and no one wants that not even an animal.I reach my hand out towards the little thing,trying to show him I'm not dangerous."What are you doing?"Jack raises his left brow."Shh you'll scare him"I whisper as the cat sniffs my hand.Before I can do anything,he starts to lick at the bandages,tasting a bit of dry blood that was smeared across my uncovered fingertip.The little cat rubs his head against the palm of my hand and I push my hand into his head to pet him while his eyes close in utter bliss."Aww is that a kitten?"Nancy asks as she bends down beside me,the kitten opening his eyes to see her.

Without a second thought,he snuggles up against her ankles and splays his paw across her shoe."hello Love" she says in a slightly seductive tone,although I think it was supposed to be a calming voice...not one that would make me blush...

She reached her hand below where her knees were bent and stroked the kitten along his back,making him purr pleasantly.The kitten rolled onto its back,begging for her to rub his stomach."It's a little girl"she smiles,and I look down and see that she was right,it was a girl after all...

"What are you gonna name her?"I ask crouching next to her and the kitten."I think that's for you to decide,your the one who found her after all"she looked up from the cat and smiled at me sweetly,I stare into those watercolour eyes of hers,i could drown in her gaze."Well technically I found her but whatever"Jake says acting serious with his hand raised in the air,but he was really just joking.

"What do you think of the name..."I pause to think,I shouldn't have started speaking before I even had a name ready really."What about Angel?"I ask,the truth is...that wasn't just any made up name,it was my mothers.

Well,for the most part anyway...my mums real name was Angelica but Angel was her nickname."I like that name,Do you?"she said to the cat looking down as if she were going to respond.Nancy's lips curl into the most perfect smile and she scoops the cat up into her arms."I think she likes that name"She spoke,that smile of hers pulling me into some sort of mesmerising trance...but I didn't want this trance to end,I could of spent hours staring at her smile,her eyes...everything.

I'm snapped out of my thoughts when I hear the zip open on Nancy's pocket and I see her slip Angel Inside."What if she jumps out?"I ask,my voice full of genuine concern."She won't don't worry"Nancy reassured me as I see Angel curl into a ball in her pocket,closing her eyes and seemingly settling into a deep sleep.
It was risky but I trusted her,even when I probably shouldn't.

"Hey guys so I found this earlier"Jack speaks as i holds out a book with a black leather covering.I take the book into my hands,feeling the cold material between my fingertips."What is it?"Savannah asks,curiosity flowing in her voice."well if you'd let her open it we'd know"Michael says sarcastically,Savannah rolls her eyes.I grasp the front of the covering and peel it back,it had some sort of substance keeping it closed but it wasn't sticky it was just wet.

That's when it hit me,it's a diary.I probably came to that conclusion when I read the words 'dear diary' but we're gonna pretend I just magically came to the conclusion.

"It's some sort of Diary..."I say,briefly scanning over the words."What does it say?"Thomas asks.For once he's not cracking shitty jokes."it says...'1/04/27.Dear Diary,I've spent four months in this place and I hate it,my brother went to get supplies but he hasn't come back yet.
Recently,we got some big news.According to my mum,there's a safe place...Far from here,it's over near a beach just north of where I am.We plan to leave soon.I hope I have the chance to write in here again.

Sincerely,Jasmine Hope"as those last words exit my lips,something crosses my mind.It's Jax' sister...That was his name...Jackson Hope.