(11) You are that someone

"Cause you are that someone that gets me like no one else,
Right when I need it the most"

- Jk -

After almost fifteen tiring hours, Jeongguk stood glaring at the pavement in Los Angeles.

The thing was, their manager, Sejin, had informed him beforehand that it was going to be warm and sunny in LA, but warm and sunny seemed like such an underestimation of this devil's furnace he was standing in.

The heat was sweltering. The minute he got out of the airport Jeongguk could feel the hot dry breeze smacking him in the face.

The sun sat in the clear cornflower blue sky like a big floral wedding hat. The trees rose to the occasion, donning their best verdant hues. And he would've appreciated the scenery more, if only his shoes didn't feel like they were melting right onto the asphalt.

Sejin got them a cab, and they left for their stay. A freezing can of cola and an indulging hamburger later, Jeongguk finally felt like a human again.

They checked into their BnB, a simple house with two rooms, hosted by an old lady, nothing extravagant, but largely comfortable.

The minute he reached his room he put his phone on charge, the battery had died long ago. There were quite a few unread chats, their group chat, from his parents, and his brother, and even though it was probably last on the list, Jeongguk clicked on Taehyung's chat.

"I hope you've reached safely Gukkie! I miss you! >.<"

Jeongguk quickly typed out a response, "I miss you too, hyungnim!" and opened their group chat next.

Park Jimin: Did you reach?

Park Jimin: Jeongguka? Did you reach?

Park Jimin: Jeon Jeongguk? Did you reach? I already miss you!

Jung Hoseok: Someone take his phone away.

Yoongi hyung: He will text when his flight lands, stop pestering him.

Jung Hoseok: and us.

Park Jimin: My concern is not called pestering.

Rapmon hyung: Jeongguk does not reply that easily.

Park Jimin: He will, I made Taehyunga also text him. He always replies to Taehyunga.

Jung Hoseok: Priorities.

Jung Hoseok rarely made wrong assumptions.

Jeongguk chuckled and sent a photo his manager had clicked at the airport.

Jung Hoseok: Aigooo Jeongukka! You look so cute.

Rapmon hyung: we miss you kuku

Jung Hoseok: It feels so empty without you!

Min Yoongi: a little peaceful I must say

Park Jimin: no sleeping beauty to wake up :(
Yoongi hyung misses you the most you know.

Jung Hoseok: You mean Taehyunga.

If only they could see the boy sitting in the hotel room, miles away from them, slowly turning a shade of crimson.

Jeongguk shook his head and typed, "I am fine hyung, the flight was good, ate a lot of food, we have reached our BnB, Sejin hyung is in the next room. LA is beautiful but very hot. My dance lessons start today itself.. we'll roam around a bit then go to meet the instructor.