Wild (38)

"'Cause there's still too long to the weekend
Too long till I drown in your hands
Too long since I've been a fool"

- V -

Dark grey hues painted across the summer sky. The sun hid fully behind the billowing clouds, as the cool breeze flowed through the open window.

Taehyung knew it was one of those mornings when he could just not fall back asleep. He huffed and turned to the other side, hearing the thunder rumble in the distance.

It would rain soon.

He saw the silhouette of Jimin's sleeping form, his hand half hanging from the side of the bed. Hoseok's occasional soft snores sounded through the room.

Taehyung closed his eyes and willed himself to sleep some more. There were still a few hours before they actually had to wake.

Bangtan had to attend a show today and Taehyung had hoped that by sleeping early he would get a good night's rest but here he was, lying awake, pissed with himself. He had even decided to forgo the nightly round of games with the maknae making him all pouty and sulky before Taehyung had kissed his forehead to apparently make things better.

Who was he lying to, he just needed an excuse to somehow plant a kiss on the maknae.

He wondered what it would be like to actually kiss him, imagining soft lips over his own.

A sudden crack of lightning jolted him.

Why would I want to kiss him though?

Oh you already know the answer to that.

And he did.

He really did know the answer to that.

He had been feeling this inexplicable fluttering within his whole, like he had somehow eaten a whole a box of fireworks and now they were cracking in his veins.

He liked Jeongguk. He liked him more than a platonic friend.

A shudder passed over him.

His brain listed all the sources from where he knew this was wrong but he could not help himself.

Jeongguk felt like a drug.

Calming him and awakening him all at once.

"What is the point of sleeping early if I'll just wake up at four am and have outrageous thoughts again?"

Taehyung let out a deep sigh and sat up straight, duvet falling across his lap.

There would be absolutely no point in trying to sleep again.

He shifted across his bed, bringing his legs to the side and sat hunched over, feet planted on the cold tile.

"If Yoongi hyung is awake then I could coax him into making him a hot chocolate."

He slowly got up and shuffled across the room barefoot, carefully opening the door and closing it behind him, soundlessly, to not disturb his two roommates and blinked into the hazy morning light filtering through the windows. The lights in Jin and Yoongi's room were still switched off.

Maybe I could peek in.

But their door opens with the cry of souls being tortured in hell.

Taehyung rolled his eyes and walked towards the kitchen.

Maybe he could try making it himself. He obviously knew the recipe. But he was convinced that Yoongi added some charm to it and it turned out different because whenever he made it himself it was just not the same.