Memo (28)

"And oh oh, you could bring it back
Who wouldn't want it when he looks like that?
Oh, oh, I want you to stay
And if I try my hardest, would you look my way?"

- V -

Taehyung sat next to the kitchen counter with his plate, twirling the chicken with his chopsticks. His appetite had gone on a vacation, it seemed. The maknae had taken his heart, his peace of mind, and somehow, his appetite as well. He hadn't been able to sleep properly either since the past few days.

They had shifted into their new dorm and set up their new rooms. The new apartment wasn't enormous, but it was spacious enough.

A definite upgrade.

But Taehyung had a hard time reveling in the excitement of a new place. The aloofness in the maknae's behaviour since the night he pushed him away, literally and figuratively, had only increased. He was chummy with everyone else, but made an active effort to avoid Taehyung. He had racked his brains in search of answer. He had not even touched alcohol since a long time so there way no way he did something stupid again after getting drunk. Neither was he able to remember any incident which caused the maknae to detach from him. He could see the conflict in Jeongguk's eyes, and he desperately wanted to help, wanted to bring out the younger from whatever battle he was fighting alone it had been almost two weeks and the maknae would not budge. He was playing real life pacman with Taehyung and Taehyung was tired from head to toe.

The maknae's words, although Taehyung knew were said in fit of frustration and he did not actually mean them, still slash across his heart.

Annoying.

"Why are you so annoying Kim Taehyung?"

"Nobody would want to be friends with such a weird kid"

"He is like an alien"

The words had cut through him like razors, bleeding his heart into a puddle. But he picked himself up and brushed himself off before stuffing down all the emotions and going back inside with the usual Taehyung smile on his face.

He tried every morning, noon, and night to get the younger to talk to him, but he uttered straight cut replies and didn't bother conversing.

He understood something was wrong, but a heart that understands also gets tired.

His mother had informed him that his grandmother was ill and he had desperately pleaded for a leave over the weekend but important shoots were comimg up and it just did not seem possible. Though his grandmother had assured him last night that she was all fit and fine but he yearned to meet her. It had been months since he had gone home.

"Jeongguka, how is school going on?" Namjoon asked bringing him out of his thoughts. He was having a glass of beer.

They had decided to celebrate their new place with a few drinks and some fried chicken.

"It is good," Jeongguk answered, scrolling through his phone.

"You've been keeping up with your assignments and projects?" Namjoon followed up.

"Yes hyung," Jeongguk let out a laugh.

"Ah Namjoona, you're no fun, you know, who talks about homework in high school," Hoseok rolled his eyes, "Jk! Tell us about the interesting stuff! Do you have a crush? Like anyone from your class?"