Ocean Drive (42)

"As the sirens fill the lonely air
Oh, how did we get here, now, now, now, babe?
We see a storm is closing in
Pretending we ain't scared"

-

Jk -

The hazy lights at the shooting set swirled with a daze of excitement and exhaustion. The blacktop street was as soothing as the velvet sky above.

The music video for their song 'Run' was scheduled to be released by the end of November, and the preparations were in full swing.

The alleyway lights shone in the dark night in a serenade to heaven's bright eyes. The shooting locations were fascinating as much as varying, a street, the set of an old house, railway tracks, the river bank, and a whole tunnel.

"Jeongguka," the gruffy voice of the elder sounded behind the maknae's ear before he felt a pair of arms clad in a deep blue jacket, wrap around his torso.

"Ah hyungie, are you tired from all the running?" Jeongguk chuckled

Taehyung hummed in response.

"You know-" Yoongi said sipping on his americano and running a hand through his mint hair, "When we worked on the lyrics for Run, I never really thought that we would literally have to run in the music video as well."

"My feet are killing me," Seokjin groaned, massaging the soles of his feet.

Taehyung hummed in response again, making Jeongguk shake his head the elder's clinginess.

A sleepy Taehyung was like a baby koala. He need some body heat, a soft presence, and bam- he could fall asleep immediately.

"Hyung- don't sleep-", Jeongguk said gently swaying himself along with Taehyung from side to side. "We still have to finish the shooting"

"I am not sleeping," Taehyung mumbled into the maknae's shoulder. "I am just resting my eyes."

Jeongguk let out a small laugh , "I see- that's a great idea hyung."

"It really is, just let me take a small nap."

"Please move away from each other, they are shooting for behind the scenes," a staff member spoke from beside them. Her voice was kind, and Jeongguk wondered if the staff ever questioned these bizzare things they were asked to do.

Over the course of this month they had been constantly asked to move away from each other whenever a camera was recording.

Life was exhausting as it is and the added comments, claps, finger clicks, subtle waves, and hand signs from the staff to move away were just not making things better.

And why only them? Jeongguk still wondered.

He just wanted to be close to the elder, laugh with him, hold him, play around with him. They weren't doing anything wrong.

Or at least so they thought.

An order was an order though. They were simply bound with it.

Taehyung sighed and moved back removing his hands from the maknae's shoulder. He walked away dejectedly and sat down beside Jimin who was sitting with Hoseok on the sidewalk. Behind them, a line of closed shop shutters and doors stood like sentries to the street. Jeongguk stood in place watching Hoseok pat Taehyung's knee while he nodded solemnly.

"I know just the thing to help my tired Juliet, I'll give you a neck massage," Jimin laughed, his voice a tad bit higher and like a hound dog on a hunt the maknae's ears shot up with that sentence.