(10) You understood me

"Then I saw your face, your forgivin' eyes
Looking back at me from the other side
Like you understood me
And I'm never letting you go"

- V -

"Jeongguka? You're going to America?" Taehyung gasped, depositing himself on the stool beside the kitchen counter, his eyes widening, holding onto a bowl of cereal.

"Shout any louder and my ear drums will get blasted," Yoongi muttered beside him.

"Sorry-" Taehyung lowered his volume. "Is it true, Jeongguka?" He looked at the youngest questioningly.

"Dae.." Jeongguk shifted in his chair, eyes downcast. "For dance training."

"See, I told you so!" Jimin wrung his hands in Taehyung's face. "I had overheard Namjoon hyung's call with PDnim!"

They had been practising come rain or shine, working their asses off to prepare themselves. Their overall performances were constantly being judged to select who would make the final lineup.

"But did they tell you why?" Taehyung pursed his lips.

"They said my dance is missing something- that's why-"

Yoongi snorted. "If his dance is missing something, then my dance is practically invisible."

Jimin rolled his eyes and turned to Jeongguk,  "So, you'll be going alone?"

"Nobody is stupid enough to send a fifteen-year-old alone to the States," Yoongi shook his head. "Sejin hyung will go with him."

"I didn't know you were Jeongguk's personal answering machine, hyung," Jimin smiled, sarcasm dipping from every syllable.

"I just felt the need to exempt the child from stupid questions," Yoongi replied, unfazed.

"Exempt him from yourself," Jimin muttered under his breath, "How long will you be long for?" He asked turning to the youngest.

Jeongguk played with the ends of his shirt. Taehyung was going to secretly throw away that piece of clothing which was closer to becoming a cleaning cloth than an actual shirt. "A month and a half."

Taehyung's heart did a strange tremble. Like a wrench. That was a long time. He bit his lip before asking, "When do you leave?"

"Next week."

"Don't make me jealous, Jeonggukie," Jimin whined beside him, running a hand through his hair. "I'll go tell Hoseokie hyung, our maknae is going to the States without us!" Jimin swiftly got out of his chair and hopped towards the bedroom.

"His energy gives me vertigo at times," Yoongi complained as he got up from the counter, depositing his bowl in the sink, then picked up his backpack from the door. "Duty calls early today, see you later, troublemakers." He gave a mock salute and closed the door behind him.

Jeongguk still had his head down, not daring to look up. Taehyung could sense the gloom from afar. He put his fingers under Jeongguk's seat and pulled the chair closer to himself, bringing the younger next to him.

"Ya, Jeongguka-"

Jeongguk looked up like a deer caught in the headlights and Taehyung internally laughed at the reaction.

"U-uh, yes hyung?" Jeongguk asked, voice wavering.

"What's wrong?" Taehyung's voice was soft. Jeongguk liked to deal with his problems in silence, Taehyung knew the boy enough to understand.