(2) Playful conversation

"Your eyes whispered, "Have we met?"
'Cross the room your silhouette
Starts to make its way to me
The playful conversation starts
Counter all your quick remarks
Like passing notes in secrecy"

- V -

Taehyung lay in bed looking up at the ceiling.

He had no idea how he reached here. It all still felt like a dream. It felt like yesterday he had been joking around with his friend at the hagwon, and now suddenly he had been catapulted into a world he had only heard about.

It wasn't like he planned to do this. He had gone to support a friend for an audition where he himself was suddenly asked to audition, which he did, because what could've gone wrong in a audition? It's not like they were going to select him out of so many talented people.

Except, they did.

They selected, much to the surprise of his own self, only him.

After training in the local centre for six months, he was now in Gangnam, Seoul.

Seoul, Gangnam-gu, Dosandaero 16-gil! 13-20, was where he had been dropped off by his father. Sejin, their manager had explained the scenario, the rules, and the selection process. He would be housing with the other trainees in one of the dorms and through the year he would be judged and scored on the basis of his performance and effort. If he managed to do well, he would be selected to debut under the company, if not, then it was a long way home. Taehyung's emotions were in a slight disarray with the amount of information that had been dumped on him. He did not know whether to be lost in the city lights, Gangnam's opulence, or feel the sorrow in being wrenched away from his home and his family.

He was just sixteen after all. Well, about to be, in three months.

Sejin had brought him to the apartment he was supposed to be living in from now on. He met the the other members, Namjoon, Hoseok, and Yoongi, and Taehyung was blown away with how cool they were. They were already writing songs, working on cyphers, producing beats. It seemed like they were part of a different group, and he was just here to live with them.

Before the fourth guy had come, the other three had slipped into easy conversation with him. They had asked about his hometown, his family, and in return provided them with their's.

The cat-like hyung was from Daegu, same as Taehyung. The bright smile one who was from Gwangju, immediately becoming Taehyung's favourite, and the leader looked tough, but Taehyung could see how much of a mush Kim Namjoon was on the inside.

They had informed him that there was one more member, Jeon Jeongguk, the youngest who was yet to come from practice and had also slipped in that he was quite reserved and liked to keep to himself.

Taehyung, being the extraordinary extrovert that he was, was still excited to meet him.

When Taehyung had laid eyes on him, a young boy, who was almost his height, with short raven bowl-cut hair and very inquisitive onyx eyes staring at him, he had gone up and introduced himself but soon realised that the youngest hardly ever spoke, if at all. It wasn't like he was not interested in the conversation. His eyes were full of attention whenever somebody spoke but he rarely put in his opinions into the conversation. He only answered when someone asked him directly.