Ocean Drive (43)

"We're running all the red lights down
No way that we can stop, nah, nah
A quarter tank and almost gone
Pretending we're in love but it's never enough, nah"

From early morning shoots which ran till the dark hours of the night, the run music video shoot was almost over. There was only one scene left to film in which Taehyung had to fall backwards into a pool of water.

Taehyung stood barefoot just below the small makeshift glass tank which had been prepared for the scene while the stylist fixed his makeup and clothes.

Rest if the team, along with the members had wrapped up the shoot and left for the night. "Jiminie is here." The stylist noona smiled, glancing behind him. Taehyung turned around to find the blazing orange hair of his friend. "Jimina," he grinned.

"You look great," Jimin winked, coming to stand in front of him. "Very cool."

Taehyung giggled. "Thanks, but I don't why are they fixing my makeup, I am just about to fully submerged in the water, noona."

"You would still be on camera, water or no water," she patted a small puff on his face. "And this makeup is waterproof."

Jimin let out a small wow as he circled the tank. "You have to jump in this?"

Taehyung nodded.

"Don't jump too far back, you might hit your head on the other edge."

Taehyung gulped.

"Don't scare him more Jiminie," the stylist laughed. "He has already been fretting."

"No I am not," Taehyung blurted out.

Jimin laughed making Taehyung roll his eyes. The director motioned for them to get into position.

"Jimina," Taehyung whispered, "To be honest, I am a little scared."

Jimin patted his back. "Don't worry Taetae. Take a deep breath and just fall back okay? Don't think too much." He smiled wide. "I believe in you."

"Has Jeongguka left?"

"He was in the changing room before I came here, I don't know, probably," Jimin answered doubtfully.

"Okay Taehyunga, ready?" The director called out and Taehyung stood backwards at the edge of the pool preparing himself. His hands felt a little numb and clammy and he shook them lightly to get rid of the nerves.

Taehyung turned his head towards the entrance one last time hoping to see the familiar mop of ebony hair and the shining doe eyes, but he was nowhere in sight.

Did he actually leave?

Maybe he was too tired

Why would he stay anyway?

His shoulders drooped down in discontentment. He closed his eyes and let his hands fall by his sides, ready to fall back.

The director indicated everyone to get into their positions.

"Action!"

"Hyung! Hwaiting!"

Taehyung smiled.

Finally.

He took a deep breath and fell back. The murky grey water surrounded him wholly. It felt almost peaceful, serene, calm. The maknae's voice seemed to swirl around him.

Taehyung opened his eyes and for a split second, he saw the maknae's smile in front of him, arms open wide, ready to engulf him.

Maybe his mind was playing tricks, enhanced with the weightlessness and fluidity. The muffled voices of the crew came from above and Taehyung pushed himself to the surface, leaving the mirage of the maknae behind. He gasped for air and shook his hair, trying to get water out of his eyes as he propped himself on the edge of the tank lifting himself halfway, his clothes sticking on to his skin.