Wild (35)

"Trying hard not to fall
On the way home
You were trying to wear me down, down
Kissing up on fences
And up on walls
On the way home
I guess it's all working out, now"

- Jk -

It was a comfortable weekend. Their schedule was light and the weather seemed to be getting clearer. Jeongguk sat across the screen in his sweatpants, Taehyung by his side, controllers in their hands, fingers gliding across the buttons, and eyes fixated on the game in front of them.

Out of the corner of his eye he could see Jimin sitting on the floor, stuffing a sandwich into his mouth.

The maknae was, to nobody's surprise, truly golden in everything he did. It was perfectionism at its finest, and while it sometimes played against him in various scenarios, he mostly became a master of whatever he put his mind to.

None of members ever came close to beating him in any game they played, and he always thought if he had not been an idol, he might have actually been a pro gamer.

The game had been going on for hours with everyone trying and losing against their maknae. Jin tried and cussed him out, Yoongi groaned in frustration, Namjoon had almost pulled out his hair, Hoseok had not even tried, and Jimin had given up quite easily, even Sejin who had dropped by for some work had tried his luck but to no avail. Taehyung, though, was getting close, too close to getting that victory. Jeongguk knew the elder just needed to strike a definitive blow to his player and he would win.

But Jeongguk could not lose.

Not after this winning streak.

Hoseok passed behind them humming a tune and sat next to Taehyung making Jeongguk glance at him.

He couldn't help it. He needed to know what was happening with the youngest Kim at all times.

Hoseok had his phone in his hand and a wide grin plastered on his face.

"Ya Taehyunga?"

Taehyung hummed in response, not moving his eyes from the game.

"You know my childhood friend right? The one whom we ran into at the mall a few days ago?"

Taehyung nodded.

"One of his friends really liked you, the girl with the curly brown hair, blue dress- and get this, she has asked for your number," Hoseok chuckled.

And for the love of everything that kept him sane, Jeongguk's attention turned towards the two in an instant, giving Taehyung the one in a million opportunity to turn the tables.

It all happened so fast, and before Jeongguk could protest, Taehyung had thrown the controller down and started jumping up and down on the sofa, the screen displaying 'Game Over'.

Taehyung's delighted squeals filled the apartment.

"Aha! I won! I won! I won against Gukkie!" Taehyung's voice erupted through the room.

"Yaaaa finally! Taehyungaaa!" Jimin shouted, getting up and pulling Taehyung into his arms.

"It's not fair, I got distracted because of Hoseokie hyung!" Jeongguk complained, his ear tips turning pink.

"It is fair! I won Jeongguka, I beat you I beat you, oh man this feels better than winning than an award! I feel like I am on top of the world!" Taehyung was shouting, bouncing excitedly.