5.6

October 13th of 2016

Joker blanked out. It was nothing they had ever seen before. 

"A palace...in a palace?" Panther asked, scratching her head. "The metaverse really is scary huh-"

Even Mona was bewildered, yet jumped in knowing that there were no dangers in Hanae's palace. Meanwhile, Hiro stared at the blank universe ahead, shocked that even his sister had one.

"Hey dude...you'd believe us if we said we found your sister in the metaverse right?" Skull asked, punching the idol's elbow. He slowly nodded in return, taking a deep breath before stepping into the snow.

"I'm guessing...the palaces got merged somehow." Mona said while hopping over the rocks, his eyes fixated on the observatory that stood before them. It was paler than before, and the mist was noticeably heavier. "This mission will involve two palaces at once...the President's one seems fairly easier at a glance, but this one, will take some time to unravel."

They ventured inwards and through the corridors again, and there were significantly more things wrapped in vines. Such as a heavy book and a stuffed toy, to even a xylophone and a piece of unfinished cake. They disappeared into butterflies as the vines wrapped them whole, fluttering to join the kaleidoscope that hovered right at the ceilings, as if wanting to burst out of the roof to escape. They finally entered into the main chamber, to see the glass coffin containing the peaceful-looking pianist, continuing to sleep under the cover. 

Hiro slowly walked up to the coffin, gently placing his palm over the glass that hovered just above her face. He slowly brushed his hands, as if caressing her hair through the barrier. 

"We'll give you a moment Hiro, we're going to scout the other rooms." Panther said, gesturing for the thieves to go and spread out.

Skull patted Fox's shoulder, nodding to him before leaving to join the group that walked away.

Fox stared at the idol, it was the first time he had seen a bright star like him lose all of his shine. He could see the subtle shaking that Hiro's body did, his hands now curled into a fist as they trembled, trying to contain the fury within him. Fox understood the feeling, and walked up behind him. 

"Uchida-san...my apologies for not being able to take care of her...as you requested." Fox said, hanging his head low.

"No...I'm at fault. There's so many secrets to her disappearance, how she ended up here...how she even disappeared...and who did it... there's too much for me to handle."

"I understand...I've experienced it before actually..." Fox muttered, before shaking it off. "We shall work even harder to free her of this confine, so don't keep your head too low Uchida-san."

"Please. Call me Hiro."

"Ah, of course...Hiro-senpai."

Hiro smiled, and patted him on the back. 

"We'll save her...definitely."

Their conversation was ended by Oracle's sudden announcement through the phantom's communication device. 

"Hey Inari! We found something...I think Uchida-san might know something about it, we're at the room on the right that has the sign post of "prelude"."

Fox hurried over as Hiro trailed behind him, opening the large silver door to see the phantoms again. There in between them, stood a large silver flower with an orb that floated above the bud, unmaterialised like the treasures before the effect of a calling card. 

"This isn't a treasure...but a memory. Hey idol, you're our best shot at materialising it." Mona said, pointing at Hiro.

He nodded in response, holding his hand out to the orb and closing his eyes. In that brief moment where his mind connected to the heart of the memory, a flicker of a shadow appeared behind him, much to the phantom's surprise. 

"You think...that was a persona leader-man?" Skull whispered to Joker's ear.

"Probably, looked like one too."

The orb materialised and a large projection appeared in front of the group, slowly starting to flash an image.

"Hanae! Its time for a picnic! Why don't you wear your favourite dress? You've been wanting to wear that since we bought it."

"Okay mommy! I'll be right back-"

The woman turned around to face her son, who beamed beside her.

"Ah Hiro, already ready? I find it cute that you both will be unintentionally matching today...maybe I should wear something pale blue and white too!"

"No mommy, you look fine already. Where's daddy?"

The woman paused, biting her lip. She bent down and sat on the floor in front of her son, patting his head while trying to cover her face with her lovely brown hair.

"You know how daddy is, always busy. It's not easy to build a business from the ground up."

"But...we've not hung out as a family for years now."

The woman sighed, holding her son close.

"I know Hiro, I wish to be together as a 4 again. But if we don't bother him now, he'll reach his goal quicker and when he's successful, we can go out again! Promise me you won't forget this okay?"

The child hooked his pinkie with the woman, slowly smiling again. The girl came back out in her dress, running to the woman's arms.

"Shall we then, my children? Let's have a wonderful time."

And the woman walked out, holding the hands of both of her children. Yet bruises were seen briefly as her dress ruffled in the breeze, violently purple and heavily scarred.

The image scene ended, and the memory drifted off into butterflies. It did not quite make sense to the phantoms, but Hiro was staring at the place where the projection was. The group heard a click in the main hall again, to see the butterflies now flying towards it and disappearing through the glass, seemingly making the coffin less locked than before. A flower now bloomed around the coffin, and there were clearly spaces for more of them to grow.

"I see...we need to find all her memories and...give them back to her." Hiro said, clenching his fists out of determination.

The phantoms set off into the next room, ready to see what awaits them.