⋆˙⟡ The Melody of Shogi

please note that parts with ⋆˙⟡ means its a filler part and those with ⋆˙⟡ interlude means its part of the story thank you!!

June 6th of 2016

Hanae decided to take a trip to the church in Kanda, hoping to gain some inspiration and to visit a place she had never been to before. And also because Hiro invited her to dinner here later. She walked through the halls of the church, admiring the glass panes and the greenery around. 

After walking around a bit more, she found herself in the main hall. Finding peace as she heard the organ play, she sat down in the front row and closed her eyes. 

Only for a small tap from a certain someone to wake her up.

"Ah hello there...you're Hanae Uchida yes?" the unfamiliar girl spoke and smiled gently. "I'm quite the fan, my apologies for waking you up though."

"Oh no worries...oh? Are you Hifumi Togo?" Hanae replied, shocked to see the girl standing in front of her. "I'm a big fan too! What a coincidence!"

Hifumi took a seat next to Hanae and smiled.

"Yes indeed...you're from Kosei High too, truly remarkable!"

Hanae giggled and took out her phone. 

"Can we exchange contacts? I see you in science class but I was too shy to talk to you haha-" Hanae said nervously, it wasn't everyday that you would have the chance to meet an idol.

"Of course! Here you go."

The two girls giggled and chatted as the organs continued to play, forging a new friendship between them.

"Are you good at shogi?" Hifumi asked, tilting her head slightly.

"I know the rules at least...but I can't possibly be better than you!"

"Why don't we play a match? I have the board on me right now."

Hanae stared hesitantly, before nodding with a smile.

"Sure! Just um, don't laugh at me when I lose..."