4.3

September 10th of 2016

It would be a lie if Yusuke said he wasn't jealous upon hearing that Hanae knew Akira too, how he wasn't the only guy friend she had. He sighed and wore his outfit for the day, hoping to spend the day with Hanae. 

He found her by the beach, looking out at the ocean with a calm yet troubled expression. He approached her from behind and she turned to face him with a smile.

"Isn't the sea lovely? Though the water stretches all the way around the world and to Japan, its where you see it and if the Sun hits the surface just right...its wonderful." she said, turning her head back to the sea.

"Indeed, the sea truly is captivating." Yusuke replied, looking at the sea himself. "Ah what would you like to do today?"

"Oh right, I wanted to explore Hawaii more, come on the Sun is great and I haven't worn a swimsuit in a while...the food here is so nice, I might put on some weight-"

Yusuke glanced at her, she was wearing a bikini with a pale silk wrapped around her waist and flowed between her legs as a form of skirt. 

"You look perfectly fine, how about we start by the area next to the shopping mall?" Yusuke said, taking out his phone to check the map. "There's an open area with a garden with the view of the beach, if you don't mind I'd love to see the scenery through greenery. And of course there is a dessert shop next to it so we can stop by."

Hanae nodded and gestured him to lead the way. But the two didn't know that somewhere behind the trees, stood Ryuji and Mishima, staring at the pair.

"Dude...Akira's got a girl and even Yusuke?" Ryuji groaned, punching the pine tree despite Mishima's protests.

"Cheer up, you'll find one eventually, or even on this beach!" Mishima piped, dragging Ryuji by the elbow and into the sandy area. 

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆

Hanae leaned forward by the railings, the gentle breeze making her cocoa hair flow and her emerald eyes glimmered in the sunlight. Yusuke could only use a finger-frame to capture this moment, but to him her beauty could never be captured on canvas. At least, not yet. Yusuke took out his sketchbook to draw a rough draft and noted down the colours, then placed it back in his bag to continue on with his holiday. There were many times where the two had stumbled upon lobsters on sale, and it took many attempts for Hanae to drag him away from the still-alive lobsters. 

They entered into the mall again as the Sun was getting too strong. Hanae laughed at how Yusuke still managed to wear a hoodie in this weather, yet he continued on his day under thick garments, after all, there was technically nothing under it except a soon-to-be six pack as Ryuji said.

"Yusuke! Look, its a lobster keychain that says Hawaii, it definitely suits you!" Hanae said, pointing at a display from a souvenir shop that they walked across. Without hesitation, Hanae went in the shop and quickly bought it for him, presenting it to the artist with a proud smile. 

"I have no money Hanae, I cannot give you anything-" Yusuke said, receiving it with some hesitation.

"Your presence alone already pays for everything, not everyone would spend most of their days with me, um well except my brother I guess...oh! I need to get him something-"

Yusuke could only blush to her words, covering his mouth with his hand while watching the pianist continue shopping.

The sun went down and the two made their way back to the open garden, sitting on a bench while admiring the view. It was only then that Yusuke had thoughts again, blurting them out to Hanae as he was getting a bit too in the holiday mood.

"Hanae...you've listened to all my pain and I thank you deeply so, but...how about you? Do you have anything you'd like to share? I'd be willing to listen." he started in a voice that was barely above a whisper. Hanae's eyes averted from the view and they gazed onto her hands that were fiddling around.

"Everyone has their pain...but, I can't tell you Yusuke. I'm sorry, I trust you but...it's hard to understand." she replied, feeling a pang of guilt in her chest. "One day, I hope it'll be shown to you bare and exposed, everything that resides in me just...put on display for you."

Yusuke turned his head to face her, nodding in understandment.

"How about we continue our journey by the beach then? The sunset casts a lovely glow on you." Yusuke said, offering a gentle smile and his elbow. Hanae looped her arm around his and they walked back to their hotel, laughing away.

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆

"Yusuke...is that, Kurusu-kun?" Hanae said, glancing at two familiar figures.

"Yes and, Makoto it seems."

"They look cute together! Is it official?"

"I've not heard of anything about this matter."

Hanae giggled and kept her gaze on the pair in the distance. Yusuke on the other hand, was thinking about weird thoughts. What if they are dating and they go all lovey-dovey on a mission? What if Akira pulls of weird poses with Makoto to show off? Yusuke could only wince at these imaginations, shaking them off and hoping it'll never happen in his time as a Phantom.