2.4

May 17th of 2016

Ann sat on the wooden chair of Yusuke's room, posing for the artist. Akira and Ryuji sat in silence on their left, silently threatening the artist in case he pulled something funny. Morgana, though bored too, secretly walked his way out the door to scout the area for anything useful for palace infiltration. Madarame's palace truly was nothing they thought the shack would be, a golden museum built in a wooden shack like this, it just seemed impossible.

Yusuke sighed, taking a calm breath for the first time after hours of drawing.

"It's no use..." he continued to sigh. "My apologies but we will have to continue another day."

Ryuji bounced upwards, attempting to throw hands on the artist if not for Akira's intervention. 

"Look we came here for another reason..." Ann started, averting her eyes, letting Ryuji chip in.

"Yeah! It's about your sensei, we know he's actually stealing your work and stuff. Don't deny it!" Ryuji exclaimed, both frustrated at the artist's denial and the harshness of Madarame.

"That painting I saw...was your work right?"

Yusuke paused, unable to speak, the words to say 'yes' was simple, but he just couldn't let them slip out.

"Hahahaha... I have no idea what you're talking about..." he weakly replied, lowering his head. "It's just as you all say, we're our sensei's artwork. Don't misunderstand. I offered my ideas to him myself."

The argument escalated, though Yusuke seemed backed into a corner, he pulled out his phone.

"If you keep causing a disturbance, I'll report you to the police."

The three startled by his threat, tried to complain only to understand the weight of the consequences were they to fight back.

"I won't report you, on one condition. Takamaki-san, will you pose nude for me?"

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆

Hanae sat at Jazz Jin's front table along with Akechi and Hiro, wearing a black and white dress that matched with Hiro's tuxedo. She glanced at the stage where she was invited to perform in, though it was less grand than the stages she had performed on in the past, she was attracted to the simpleness and comfort of its presence. The two guys on the other hand, were much more invested in discussing about affairs and enjoying their drinks.

Akechi invited the siblings in to try and get them to bond, though it seemed Hiro was quite the hyper one compared the the calmer Hanae. 

"How about a game of two truths and a lie?" Akechi started, glancing at Hanae to start with a kind smile.

"Oh me first? Give me a moment... I have a pet cat, I like desserts and I play the pian-"

"I KNOW! YOU DON'T HAVE A CAT DO YOU!" Hiro cut her sentence with pride, startling Hanae and Akechi almost fed up on trying to connect the two together.

"Well I have business to attend to, why don't you two have a chat?" Akechi said while standing up, nudging the idol to try and adapt to his sister's more quiet personality. Hiro nodded as he left, turning back to Hanae and apologising.

"Sorry there sister, I can get really excited when meeting people... you like desserts yes? There's a restaurant nearby that serves great desserts, and I happen to be friends with the boss, what say you?"

Hanae smiled gently and nodded, her brother laughed and paid for their drinks, leading her out of the bar.

Just before she left, Hanae spoke to the boss of the bar of when she would make a surprise appearance to perform, delighting the man greatly.

The two settled at the restaurant, attempting to bond with each other, though hitting roadblocks when they didn't know how to continue.

"So how's school?"

"I'm doing fine, my grades are good too."

"I'm sure father's pleased, any hobbies?"

"I played videogames once, and I'm now volunteering at a nearby library to teach elders how to read English."

"How nice!"

Then came a wave of awkward silence, thankfully saved by the arrival of their food. Hanae, though enjoying the taste, hesitated if she should ask this or not, taking in a deep breath, she looked at her brother with determination.

"Sorry if I'm about to ruin the mood, but you know more about mother than I do correct?"

Hiro widened his eyes and paused his steak-cutting, turning to his sister.

"Yes, I do. Is there something you'd like to know?" he coughed, accidentally choking on his own saliva.

"Drink some water first...I just, I just know that there's something I'm forgetting. There is no way I don't remember you at all, nor not remembering anything about the time I spent with mother." Hanae said, both with a desire and fear of the truth.

Hiro placed his glass of water down on the table gently, his eyes slightly darkening with hints of guilt.

"I can't tell you much yet sister, but it will all come out in due time, just hold onto me a bit longer, and I'll protect you as much as I can."