2.8

"A breathtaking sight... Imitations they may be, but together, they make a fine spectacle... Though the flowers of evil may bloom, be it known... Abominations are fated to perish!"

May 19th of 2016

Yusuke didn't even know what came over him, a moment ago he was weak, overwhelmed by Madarame's statements, but now, he had new-found strength in him. His fingers, though dripping with blood, had a bit too much power in them. The boy smirked at the shadow, unleashing waves of frigid wind at each shadow in front of him. With Goemon behind him, surely he'd be able to bring the truth to light. How nice it was to finally have the upper hand, to have the chance to take revenge on such a wretched man.

Each and every one of Madarame's guards fell to the cold, leaving the vain shadow alone. 

"Y-You'll pay for defying me?!" the shadow yelled, staggering away. Yusuke, now fully equipped for battle, tried to chase the man down, but at the end he really was tired from rebelling. His teammates rushed to his side, and aided him to a nearby sofa, allowing them time to talk.

"I'm sorry...when you all told me about sensei's plagiarism, I knew you were correct, but truly no one would want to believe someone they owe was actually like this-" Yusuke started, hanging his head low.

"No its alright, I get it...but you owe him?" Skull questioned, scratching his head.

"I never knew my father, and my mother apparently raised me alone until I was 3, until she passed. Sensei supported my mother back then, and then decided to take me in. And of course, I'm indebted to him for drawing the 'Sayuri', it has been an inspiration for me for a long time... But you guys, am I missing something here? And why are my clothes different-"

"You noticed that just now?! And uh, you know the phantom thieves?"

Yusuke glanced around, and then gasped.

"No way..."

The moment it dawned on him, shadows appeared behind them, leaving Joker to guide them all back into the real world.

They seated in the diner again, with Akira buying Yusuke a drink while the rest ate chips.

"So you all are planning a change of heart in Madarame correct? If so, may I join your team?" Yusuke started, contemplating his decision. "It's the least I can do to make up for not facing reality sooner and for those who had bright futures as artists."

Akira narrowed his eyebrows and gave it some thought, then he smiled and nodded at the artist, extending his hand for a handshake. Ryuji gently smacked Yusuke by his shoulders and Ann clapped, Morgana stayed in the bag of course, but meowed with excitement.

"By the way...what is that in Akira's bag?" Yusuke blurted out, pointing at the cat.

"Oh, thats Morgana, our cat, he's also part of the thieves." Ann replied.

"But its talking."

"You have a problem with that?!" Morgana yelped, furious with being called a cat in the first place. "But if you want to draw me, make sure I look French!"

"...huh..."

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆

After leaving the diner, Yusuke pulled out his phone to text Hanae.

"Uchida-san, are you still free right now? apologies I was too engrossed with my paintings."

Before he clicked send, he realised he didn't even make progress in the first place. He deleted the message, only for Hanae to come online.

"Kitagawa-kun? are you free now? although it is 8 and the dormitory closes at 9, er well I can make an exception for you... but are you still there?"

"sorry Uchida-san, I was occupied, yes I'm free, but I've made no progress on my painting..."

"oh that's alright! I still want to come over- send me your address, I'm coming now with taiyakis!"

Yusuke sent his address and slowly walked home, tired and beat from awakening his persona.

Upon arriving, the girl was already there, listening to music on her signature red headphones and holding a bag of red-bean taiyakis. Yusuke often admired how beautiful she looked, he just liked how she dressed herself, those boots with shoelaces tied into stars, long tennis socks, her sleeveless sweater, those hairpins neatly tucked into her hair and those apple green eyes. There was just too much for Yusuke to absorb. 

Each step closer to her, he got even more tired.

"Oh! Kitagawa-kun, I thought you were inside haha, I hope I didn't disturb anyone with my constant doorbell ringing..." she smiled, glancing at the artist. "Oh-?"

Yusuke couldn't hold in his tiredness, and fell onto Hanae's arms slightly unconscious, resting on her shoulders.