⋆˙⟡ Interlude: A Hazy Illusion

Hanae lay still yet frantic on her bed, letting time drift away as she stayed trapped in her dream.

She opened her eyes to the faint chatter that created a headache, frozen in place she glanced around. A house full of warmth, a boy running to the door, a man cooking and a woman coming home. The world never felt so welcome, this feeling had been missing from her soul for so long that she didn't know how to greet it. The 3 smiled at each other, but someone was missing. A happy scream came from behind her and she turned, it was herself, but younger.

Her eyes widened with both shock and sadness, it had been so long since she had ever smiled like that. She tried to extend her hands to caress the child's hair, but she ran through her illusionary figure. Hanae turned her head back to watch the family unite, clutching her chest that was heavy with sighs. 

Then a gust of wind brushed over her face, she was no longer in the house but in a place that was unknown to her. It was dark and gloomy, completely different to the setting before. The man re-appeared with the woman beside him, the children lingering behind. But a dark haze suddenly covered her view, before she knew it she was stuck in a cloud of fog, but the sounds vivid, just a reach away. She struggled through the fog, but even more formed in front of her. She had to be forgetting something, there was just no recollection of  her childhood at all. Gripping her head and sobbing gently, she pushed herself to remember, but a curse put on her by someone had just left her mind empty. But that someone, was a mystery to her yet again.

Then she heard it, a scream, the sound of something sharp, the sound of pain, the sound of pure silence. 

Horrified with the sounds, she continued to fight her way out of the fog, but she just couldn't remember what had happened. Hugging her knees, she trembled as the sound of sirens appeared many moments later, her hands shaking.

Then her eyes fluttered open.

Hanae woke up on her dorm bed, tears laid dry on her cheeks and her hair all messy. She looked at the clock, it was already 3:40. Gasping, she quickly washed her face and fixed her face, getting rid of the horror she had just witnessed. Grabbing the snacks she promised her friend, she dashed out the door.

Whether that was a hallucination or a dream, it was all a nightmare she would have to solve one day.