Chapter 21- Artificial Vurk

Back then, when the Limila City catastrophe incident concluded, Nero and Enya disappeared, finding themselves transported to another world. Meanwhile, Okami, Hide, and Emilia assisted the residents of Limila City in cleaning up the aftermath of the chaos.

Emilia: Ugh, what a mess!
Hide: Indeed. Something like this never happened to Limila before.
Okami: If only we could help in some way, like we could have reduced the damage or some sort.
Emelia: Sounds doubtful for some reason...
Okami: No no! I mean, what if we had our own Vurks? We could have saved a lot more of Limila City with another three of us on the job!
Emelia: Yeahhhh~ No.
Okami: Dang it.
Hide: ...
Hide: Where do you think Nero has went? Hope he's okay.
Emelia: Yeah. He randomly disappeared during the chaos, could it possibly he...
Okami: Hey! Don't think like that! I'm sure he's doing fine.
Emelia: My bad.

(Rozary and Ayvia also happens to be with them.)

Rozary: Sorry, I should've stop that Kizerd sooner. Nero could have been with us right now.
Ayvia: We swear we'll find him soon.
Emelia: Please do.

(Everyone nod their heads upon hearing the twins promise.)

The following day, Okami headed to the hospital to visit his father, who was fighting to recover on his deathbed.

Okami: Father, I'm back. Getting better so far?
Okami's Dad: Hey... Back so soon... Sadly no...
Okami: I see... I brought some of your favorite drinks and snacks to help you ease the pain. Help yourself out.
Okami's Dad: Thank you...

...

Okami's Dad: Okami...
Okami: Yes father?
Okami's Dad: Soon... It appears my time... in this world... will be up eventually.
Okami: No! Don't say that! 
Okami's Dad: No... It's the truth... I can feel it...
Okami: ...
Okami's Dad: Your mother is gone... Then you'll no longer have a father...
Okami's Dad: You'll be living your life... as an orphan eventually...
Okami: ...
Okami's Dad: I wanted... to say this before I'm gone... 
Okami's Dad: Listen closely...

Okami's Dad: Live a good life... son...

Okami: Father...

As the doctor and nurse entered the medical room to attend to Okami's dad, Okami quietly stepped out to give them more space. Outside the medical room, Okami silently shed tears, knowing that his father's time was running out.

He wished for a magical cure that could heal his father's illness, but sadly, reality offered no such remedy.

That evening, Okami sat on the swings at the playground, lost in thoughts about his father. Suddenly, a stranger appeared out of nowhere, standing next to him.

Okami: ?!
???: Worried not.
Okami: Who are you?
???: We can help you.
Okami: Answer the question.
???: ...
???: The name's Joshua. A believer of Zirin.
Okami: Zirin?
Joshua: He is one of the members in the mysterious organization called Kizerd.
Joshua: He helped me, he helped us all. He can surely helped you too.
Okami: What are you on about?
Joshua: Those who doesn't have a Vurk shall acquire one, thanks to him.
Okami: Wait, you can have a Vurk when you don't have one?!
Joshua: Indeed.
Okami: Why would I need one?
Joshua: Zirin always like to help those who completed their task. If you do that, surely he can help to give a cure to your father.

Okami: ?!
Okami: How'd you know that?!

Joshua: That is no importance.
Joshua: What's important is for you to help out your father, doesn't it?
Okami: Errr...
Joshua: Come... Join us... I shall take you to him...
Okami: I don't know, this is way too sudden... (and suspicious)

Joshua: ... No matter, I shall leave you this in case you changed your mind.

(Joshua hands over a note to Okami.)

Joshua: Farewell... I hope to see you there...

(In a blink of an eye, Joshua vanish.)

Okami: !!
Okami: Whoa.

Okami went back to his daily routine, pondering the offer Joshua had mentioned. That night, in his bedroom, he stared at the piece of paper Joshua had left for hours, still contemplating the offer. Eventually, he left the house, finally decided to take up on his offer, as he left he had forgotten to take the note with him.

Even without the note, Okami managed to find his way to the specified location in another world called Tran're. Using the Gateway Opener he had picked up, he was transported to a random warehouse, following the instructions on the note.

...

Okami: What the heck? Where am I?

(Standing before him were two individuals. One of them he recognized as Joshua.)

???: Is that the one you offered?
Joshua: Yes, sir.

Okami: Joshua.

(The mysterious person hands over a bottle of liquid to Joshua.)

Joshua: Thank you, sir.

(Joshua leaves.)

Okami: Hey, Joshua... Wait-

???: Okami.
Okami: Erk! Yeahh?
???: Seeing how you brought yourself here tells me you want to acquire a Vurk?
Okami: Actually, I was told that you can cure my father's chronic illness.
???: Is that so?
Okami: Yeah.
???: I can certainly do that.
???: But it'll require you to do a few task for me real quick.

Okami: What would those be?
???: Most of them were rather difficult, but it'll be a breeze once you acquire an artificial Vurk.
???: That is why I am offering it to these people.

(Points towards the direction of his followers.)

???: These people have been helping me completing task that'll help us grow while claiming their reward.
Okami: I see.

Okami: Wait a minute, did you say artificial? 
???: Yes. Artificial. I discovered a recipe for a drug that grants an individual a Vurk after years of research.
Okami: Coooool!

???: And apparently, they like to shorten it and name these as Furk.
Okami: Furk, huh? I mean, at least they can difference it between a real one and artificial with that name.
???: I thought so as well.

Okami: Since you're the one who leads all of this. Then that makes you Zirin, am I correct?
Zirin: Correct.

Okami: In that case, I would like this Furk as well. I wanna work under you so you can help my father before he pass away!
Zirin: Very well then.

...

...