Chapter 5- Swatting A Giant Bug!

After failing their objective to reach the abandoned warehouse, Shion opens up a Gateway to a random world and drags Nero and Enya with her to avoid any further trouble with the absurd amount of Nhadows coming towards them.

Despite successfully making her way through the other world, the Beetle Nhadows will eventually followed them through the Gateway if nothing is done. The only way to prevent the Nhadows from following them is to stop them from entering the Gateway until it closed. Shion immediately let's go of Nero and Enya who are currently worn out and tries to stop the beetles from entering. Even with her light speed, a lot of them came storming in through the Gateway one by one aggressively. Most of the beetles will make it through the other side at this rate.

Shion: Nero! Enya! Get up!!!

(Nero and Enya were still worn out at the moment.)

Shion: Oh my god.. These idiots!!

(Shion kept going and slaughter the Beetle Nhadow one by one not letting a single one past through. She only needs to defend until the Gateway closes.)

Shion: Hurry up you stupid portal! Close!!

(Not long too later, Nero finally woke up and looked around noticing they're in a completely different location now.)

Nero: Huh? Where are we?!

(As Nero looked into Shion's direction, Shion finally got outnumbered by many beetles as it barges through the Gateway into the other world. They all charges in with great speed as about 200 of them made it through the Gateway before it finally closed.)

Shion: Uh oh.. Not good!
Nero: Wait?! We're still doing this?!?!
Shion: Nero! Finally you're conscious!
Nero: What's happening?!
Shion: You and Enya got dizzy for doing that move. We were no match to fight back so I used my Gateway Opener that has recently finished cooldown to open up another Gateway leading to a random world for us to escape!
Shion: And now some of them has made it through the Gateway when you two were dizzy laying around!
Nero: I see. My bad~

(Enya is still currently unconscious while the beetles have gathered up and starts combining.)

Shion: Wait a minute-!
Nero: Are they combining?!

(Around 200 Beetle Nhadows have combined as they slowly increased in size until they're about six stories high.)

Shion: ...
Nero: Whoa-

(The giant beetle started screeching as it finished combining with every single beetle around.)

Shion: Nero, give me a boost!

Nero held his sword upwards as Shion jump and lands on the flat surface of his sword followed by an upward stream of wind Nero creates to send Shion flying upwards. As Shion is now currently in the air facing the giant beetle head on, Shion has prepared to unleash one of her powerful techniques to finish the entity off in an instant.

Shion: Light Art.. Formation 47.. Phoeni-

Just as Shion was about to unleash her technique, a huge storm of ice randomly appeared and froze the beetle in place. Followed by a gigantic energy shockwave, the giant beetle has now shattered to pieces leaving Shion hanging in the air. Shion eventually was caught safely in Nero's arms.

Nero: Wh- What happened..
Shion: Who did that..?

???: Well that's suprising.
???: We didn't expect to see you in a place like this.

(Nero and Shion looked around and notice Rozary and Ayvia standing in the distance. The two had a big smile as they notice the twins unexpected appearance.)

Shion: Whoa it's you two. It's been a while!
Rozary: Yeah it has! Great to see you two again.
Ayvia: It seems Nero has been fully recovered seeing him like this.
Nero: You bet.
Rozary: Where's Enya? Isn't she always with you?
Nero: Look over there... (said with a disappointing look on his face.)

(The twins notice the state Enya's currently in.)

Ayvia: What happened?
Nero: Resting from the battle wounds.
Rozary: Ooo~
Ayvia: Ooo~

(Shion who knows what actually happened.)

Shion: ._.

Nero: Anyways, what're you guys doing here?
Rozary: Oh, we are currently searching for a certain wanted person who have been sighted around these parts.
Shion: Certain wanted person?
Ayvia: Yeah, this woman is apparently an extreme serial killer who manage to stay hidden for years.
Nero: Oof. That sounds horrible. Hope you two find her tho.
Rozaria: Thanks and for the record, it's not just the two of us. We had an assigned team on this mission.
Nero: I see.

Ayvia: Oh Nero! I almost forgot!

(Ayvia reached out to her small bag and pulls out the Wind Emerite.)

Ayvia: Mom, told us to give this to you.
Nero: The Wind Emerite..?
Nero: Wait a minute, mom? Are you referring to Miss Evelyn?
Ayvia: Correct.
Nero: Why would she want me to have this?
Rozary: Earlier today, we told her you're capable of using the Emerite's power. If we're ever gonna meet again one day, she wanted you to have this thing for a while.
Nero: Umm.. Why.. exactly?
Ayvia: We're not really sure why tho. Master's order and all.
Nero: Master huh? Well can't complain. Thanks.

(Nero has received the Wind Emerite once again.)

Nero: Feels good to carry this thing around again.
Shion: Wait Nero, you're an Emerite user?
Nero: Yeah, suprisingly.
Shion: Wow, didn't expect that.

Rozary: Anyways, it's time for us to take our leave. Gotta find that wanted person and all.
Nero: Oh right, yeah. Once again, thanks for this.
Ayvia: You're welcome.

(The twins left. Not long later, Enya has woke up.)

Enya: WATCH OUT THE BETTLES EVERYWHERE!

...

...

...

Enya: Oh- Was it all a dream?
Shion: ._.
Nero: ಠ_ಠ

(Shion explains to Enya about every situation that had happen to now. Enya has finally caught up to the whole story.)

Enya: Wahh! I can't believe you have the Wind Emerite once again! I can't believe I missed my chance to see those twins again..
Shion: I'm still quite shocked to learn that you are an Emerite user.
Nero: Yeah? I mean.. I am quite special myself don't you think~
Shion: No. I'm shocked because most Emerite users in the world has been killed off by the Kizerd's.
Enya: Wait what.. ;-;
Nero: ;-;
Shion: Yeah.
Nero: Man, Luziel wasn't kidding when he said something about Emerite users will be an issue for their future plans... 

(Out of nowhere, a random explosion can be heard far in the distance.)

Enya: What was that?
Nero: I don't know..
Shion: Our Gateway Openers are still in cooldown. Let's check it out in the meantime.
Enya: Right!
Nero: Right.

Nero, Enya and Shion head towards the sound of the explosion that they just heard. The distance of the explosion was quite far, so they were walking for quite some time now. As they kept going further and further, another swarm of Nhadows starts appearing (not the Beetle types this time) followed by them fighting back immediately.

As the three fought back for quite some time, the ground suddenly went as dark as a shadow as shadow spikes penetrate the Nhadows from the ground. 

Nero: What the-
Enya: Huh? What happened? The ground suddenly went dark everywhere then this shadow spikes wiped out the Nhadows in an instead.
Shion: Hmm what's going on..

???: Well, I didn't expect to see you guys here.

(The three looked behind them and notice the person they were looking for in the beginning.)

Okami: What's up. Long time no see guys.

Enya: Okami!
Shion: Okami!
Nero: Okami?
Nero: You have a Vurk now?
Okami: I do indeed~! How have you been? I didn't expect to see you three outside of Eath.
Nero: You're one to talk.

(A female voice can be heard in the distance.)

???: Hey Okami, how is your part over there?
Okami: Everything's good. All Nhadows dead.
Shion: Say, who's that?
Okami: Oh, that's Aoi. Isn't she beautiful?~
Enya: ._.
Shion: Uhmm..
Nero: She does.
Okami: Hah! I knew you'd agree!~

(Aoi starts calling out another of her subordinate out in the distance.)

Aoi: Hey Nero, what about you?

(Nero thought to himself, "Ne.. Nero? Is she talking to me?")

???: Finished. These guys stood no chance whatsoever~
Aoi: Heheh, I expected no less from thee one and only Neshiro!
Neshiro: Oh you! Stop it already~

(Shion thought to herself, "Wait a minute... Neshiro? Isn't she-?")

(Nero walks forward and accidentally pushed Shion aside in the process.)

Shion: Nero?

(Nero slowly walk towards Neshiro's direction.)

Aoi: Hm?
Neshiro: Hm? Who're you?
Nero: ...
Neshiro: Are you friend's of Okami?
Nero: ...
Neshiro: Hello?~
Nero: ...
Neshiro: Is there anything you need from us?
Nero: ... That voice...
Aoi: ?
Okami: ?
Enya: ?
Shion: !
Neshiro: Huh??
Nero: That scar under you're eye..

(Nero slowly starts crying as he faced towards Neshiro.)

Nero: It's you isn't it..? 
Nero: Shiro...
Neshiro: Sorry. Am I supposed to know you? Why are you crying? (she said gently)
Nero: I still remember that scar under you're eye.. Especially that voice of yours... I still remember up to this day...
Neshiro: What.. what are you talking about.. You're really freaking me out!

(Nero starts hugging Neshiro as he slowly cried.)

Neshiro: What the?! H.. Hey-!
Nero: You may have forgotten...
Nero: But the older brother always remember...
Neshiro: ?!

(Chapter 5 End)