Chapter 13- For What Is Right...

...

...

...

Nero: What are you talking about...
Okami: ... You heard me...

Nero: ... 
Nero: C'mon now.

Nero puts his hand on Okami's shoulder.

Nero: Don't joke around at a time like that. We need to go and save Neshiro before something happened to her.
Enya: Ye- Yeah... Who knows what could have happen if she stay with them...

Okami pushed Nero's arm away.

Nero: ...
Okami: I'm serious here.

Okami: I have killed multiple people over this past month, and now I'm having your sister to take the blame for it.

...

Nero: ...
Nero: Please tell me it's not true...

Okami: Believe what you want to believe...
Okami: Regardless, I'm not allowing you to go and save her from those Stardust.

Nero: Why not?!
Okami: None of your business! You shouldn't have walked in on other people's problem to begin with!
Nero: Amelia and Hide were worried about you! Can you imagine how they would react seeing you like this?!

Okami: ...

Enya: ...
Shion: ...

Both Nero and Okami had a serious expression as the two made eye contact with each other.

Shion: Nero, let's just leave. Shiro is getting further and further away if we stand around here, and by the time they use the Gateway Opener we might not be able to see her again.
Nero: Right.

Nero: Sorry Okami, I'm going anyways.

...

Nero, Enya and Shion suddenly couldn't able to move forward as they noticed that they're shadows were connected to Okami's.

Enya: What the-?
Shion: Can't move.

...

Okami: What did I just tell you? I'm not letting you to go save Neshiro.

Nero: What's your problem, moron?!

Due to they're shadows being connected to Okami, they're movements would sync to whatever he's doing.

Enya: What the-?! My body is moving on it's own!
Shion: It's Okami. It appears if our shadows were connected, our bodies will sync to whatever movement he'll be doing.
Enya: That's kinda scary...

...

Nero: Why.. Why are you doing this.. We could've gone and save her together. 
Okami: ...
Nero: Let us go, you jerk!
Okami: ...
Nero: I lost her once, and I'm not losing her again! Please, c'mon now!!
Okami: ...
Nero: I can't believe you're making the situation like this when it shouldn't have to!..
Okami: ...
Okami: ... I'm sorry. I just can't let you go to her.

Okami: For my own sake.

Deep within Nero, hatred starts to develop.

Nero: How... How selfish...

...

Okami: If being selfish keeps me alive, then so be it.
Okami: I'll be watching over you guys until those Stardust used the Gateway Opener and leave. That way, you'll never know where she'll end up next.

Enya: ...
Shion: ... 
Nero: ...

Being in Okami's shadow manipulation, Nero forced his arm to hold out and materialized his sword.

Okami: What the-?! How are you moving?!

Due to Okami's manipulation, Nero had to slowly force his arms to move around.

Okami: Look, you're barely even moving. Might as well just do nothing. 

Nero: Don't get too cocky you bastard!

Nero uses the sword to stab his other hand as he yells in pain.

Nero: KEERK!

Enya: Nero!
Shion: What the hell are you thinking?!

...

Nero: ...
Nero: Look at him...

Enya and Shion faced towards Okami and noticed that his hand also had the same wound that Nero stabs his hand with.

Shion: What the-?

Nero: I knew it. If he can sync our movements with him, then he should also receives the same pain to whoever he connects with.

Okami: Darn it!

Due to the unexpected pain, Okami disconnects the shadow connection setting everyone free.

Shion: Okami, I'm still convincing myself there's still good in you. Let's just forget as if nothing has ever happened here and go save Neshiro-

Okami: NO!!!

Okami released shadow spikes from Shion's very own shadow and stabbed multiple parts of her limbs.

Enya: SHION!

Nero: Alright that's it!

Nero immediately tackled Okami as they're both laying on the floor with Nero threatening Okami.

Nero: What the hell's your problem man?! What did we ever do to you?!!
Okami: ...
Okami: You're intruding other people's personal problem.

Okami released another shadow spikes around him that made Nero to release him and jumped away.

Nero: Tsk!

Nero materialized his sword again and went to his battle stance.

Okami: Ho? You're approaching me? Your really gonna use that piece of metal against your old friend?

Nero: Friend or no friend, you're preventing me to rescue my sister whom I thought have died long  ago.
Nero: And besides, I can't beat the shit out of you without this.

Okami: Ho ho, then come at me. I am no longer the weak and Vurkless Okami you once knew!

Witnessing Nero and Okami's confrontation made Enya to materialized her own sword and went to assist Nero.

Nero: Enya, no.
Enya: Huh?

Nero: Let me do this alone.
Enya: But I-!

Looking at Nero's eyes of determination, she immediately understood his intention.

Enya: R- Right.

Nero: Take care of Shion for me.
Enya: Will do.

Enya left to help Shion who is still penetrated by Okami's shadow spikes.

...

Okami: Should have let her helped you on this.
Nero: No need.
Okami: Oh? Is it because you have the Emerite with you?
Nero: I don't even need that thing when it comes to you.

Okami: So determined. I respect that.

Okami unsheathes his daggers and went to his own battle stance.

...

Nero and Okami currently facing off with each other as they wait for the other to strike.

Nero: ...
Okami: ...

...

Nero: (How did the situation turns out like this...?)

Okami: (How did the situation turns out like this...?)

...

...

...

The two went ahead and ran towards each other at the same time and began clashing their blades. The battle started out with them clashing their blades for multiple swings as Okami decides to use his Vurk technique for his next attack.

Okami released his shadow spikes once again from one surface to another as Nero kept jumping backwards to avoid it. With the spikes no longer coming out, Nero looked around and notice that Okami is nowhere in sight. Okami began to emerge from Nero's very own shadow and was about to attack him from behind, but it only gave him a small slice in his leg as Nero did a quick evade.

Nero: Attacking from behind? Back then, you said it yourself that attacking from behind is a cowardly move!

Okami: It's no coward if it's for what is right.
Nero: How is preventing me from saving my own sister is a right move for you?!
Okami: ...

...

The shadow spikes that penetrated Shion's limbs have disappeared. 

Enya: Shion! You alright?
Shion: (heavy breathing) Huff... Huff...
Shion: That was a close call... I manage to convert my body parts to light before those spikes stabbed me.

Enya: Boy, that is some quick reflexes you got there.
Shion: What can I say? I'm one of the great fighters out there don't you agree?
Enya: Honestly...

Shion witnessed the battle with Nero and Okami in the distance.

Shion: ... Aren't you gonna help him?

Enya: No. He didn't let me. He's wants to settle this alone.
Shion: I thought so...

...

Shion: It's kinda upsetting to see all of this is happening right now.
Enya: It does... Back when Nero found me, he and Okami were great friends from what I see at the time.
Enya: And look at them now... How did this situation even happened...

Shion: The past month... It could be possible that Okami had went through a lot then what we can imagine.
Enya: You think so?
Shion: Yeah... Otherwise, why would he suddenly act like this. It's not like him at all.
Enya: True...

Enya: With Neshiro being taken away, Okami not being himself, Aoi going missing... Not only that, she suddenly turns to a completely different person now.
Enya: Just... what is going on??!

...

Nero called out a wind upstream that sent Okami upwards, followed by Okami to launch a plunging attack towards Nero immediately. The shadow spikes eventually caught up to Nero and stabs his limbs. Not only that Okami even kicked Nero's sword away as he is now has nothing to attack him with.

Okami has officially cornered Nero. The spikes that penetrate Nero begun to fade as Nero is already weakened as he is.

Okami: Your finished.

Underneath Okami's eye, a small tear appears at this very moment.

Being completely frustrated, Nero slowly reached out to his sword that Okami kicked away earlier.

Okami: It's no use, you have nothing now. No weapon to fight nor the energy to keep fighting.

Nero: ...

Nero kept reaching out to his sword anyways that is far from his reach, until the sword suddenly disappeared.

Okami: Wh- What?!

The sword reappeared in Nero's hands followed by him to stand up and finished it off with a quick final cut towards Okami.

...

...

...

Okami lets go of his daggers as it drops to the ground followed by him to slowly kneel down. He started to breath heavily after Nero's final attack.

Okami: ...
Okami: Right... you win...

He started to cough up blood due to his wounds.

...

Nero who is extremely weakened finally stood up and faced the other way.

Nero: ...
Nero: Y'know... I fucking hate today...

Okami: ...
Okami: So do I...

...

Nero: See you around.

...

Nero starts walking towards Enya and Shion's direction.

Shion: ...
Enya: Nero...

Nero: ...
Nero: Let's go...

...

Nero, Enya and Shion began to leave the area to save Neshiro from the Stardust Unit as they leaves Okami in place.

Everyone felt quite devastated to the sudden turn of events.

...

...

...

"Amelia... Hide... Forgive me..."
"It appears, that this is going to be the first promise that I had to break."

(Chapter 13 End)