Chapter 24

Marvel POV:

     I drop Glimmer off and drive back to my house. I turn down Clove's street and there is a ton of traffic. Why the hell is there traffic? I just sit back and wait to start moving. I turn on my phone and blast the song Centuries by Fall Out Boy. The cars around me look at me like I'm crazy. As traffic starts to move as I turn down Katniss and Peeta's street. I see blue and red lights. Oh my God! Why the hell is there a peacekeeper car and ambulance down Peeta and Katniss' street? I keep driving and I see that it's Peeta's house. I see someone in the back of the police car. I see Katniss hugging a crying Peeta. Katniss sees my car and waves me over. I pull over and jump out. "This is a crime scene. You must leave," a peacekeeper says to me.

     "I was called by the boy," I say. The peacekeeper nods and lets me go passed him. I run over to Katniss and Peeta. I see that Katniss is trying to calm Peeta down. It doesn't seem to be working. "What happened?" I ask. Peeta starts to freak out.

     "Shhh, shhh, you're ok. It's just Marvel," Katniss says to Peeta. She turns to me and says, "His mom slapped him, his dad walked in, called the peacekeepers, and now she is going to have to be away from her kids for like a year to take some parenting class."

      "Oh, what do you want me to do?" I ask.

      "I dunno. Help me calm him down," she says. I nod. We get him to sit on the curb.

      "Peeta, take some deep breaths and just try to calm down, ok?" I instruct. He tries to do that, but it just gets worse.

      Another car pulls up and a guy who looks like Peeta steps out. The cop goes over to him and I hear the guy say, "I live here. Move." He's rude. He walks over to us. Looks at Peeta and says, "Pete, get up. We've gotta talk to Dad." Peeta gets up and goes with him.

      "Who's that?" I ask.

      "That's Rye. He's one of Peeta's brothers. Please don't tell anyone about this. I really think that Peeta would rather keep this a secret or just tell the group himself," Katniss says.

      "Yeah, I won't say anything. I totally get why he wouldn't want to say anything," I say. "I should probably get home. My parents are probably worried. See you at school."

      "See you," she says and starts walking to her house. I get in my car and drive home.

Clove POV:

      Cato and I are sitting in his car on the way back to my house. "Clove, we need to talk about this," Cato says.

      "I don't wanna talk," I say.

       "Fine, then just listen. I get that you don't want to do, but I need a reason. I'm ok with you not wanting sex, but you need to stop leading me on. Your turn to talk," he says looking at me. I have a reason I can't tell you. I cheated on you with Peeta and it makes me feel horrible. I can barely even look at you without bursting into tears.

        "Fine. I don't have a reason why I don't want to. I try not to lead you on. I don't know what to do," I say trying not to sound frustrated. I just stare at my hand and pick at the dried blood on my knuckles.

        "Then why won't you do it? It's not even that big of a deal," he says.

        "It is Cato!" I yell.

        "Why?! Is it because you don't love me?!" he yells.

        "Of course I love you! Do you even need to ask?!" I yell.