Chapter 12

Glimmer POV:

"Please, Marvel," I beg.

"No, Glimmer. I don't want to," he says.

"But I need it," I say.

"No you don't," he says.

"I'm failing Math. I need you to do my homework. If you help me, I'll help you with some homework you need help with," I say trying to be convincing. "And what homework are you capable helping me with?"

"Umm, Theatre?" I say. "I don't take Theatre," he says. Damn that's right. "Fine," I say. I look out the window and see that my mom is pulling into my driveway. "My mom's here. Go out the back window."

"I'm tired of sneaking around. Just tell your mom we're dating," he says grabbing my hand.

"No, no, no, no, no. My mom has pretty much banned me from dating. Ever since she saw me on top of Cato I've not been aloud to date," I say.

"Did you used to date Cato?" he asks.

"We just would mess around. We never did anything serious," I say. I hear my front door open.

"Glimmer, I'm home," I hear my mom say. "I have something for you." "Okay, Mom. I'll be down in a second. Just let me finish my Math homework," I say.

"No it's okay. I'll show you in your room," Mom says. Oh crap.

"Marvel, go," I say opening my window. He starts climbing out in when my door opens.

"Glimmer?" Mom asks shocked.

"Yeah?" I ask innocently.

"Who is that?" she asks. Marvel stops climbing and comes back in my room. "Hi, I'm Marvel," Marvel says calmly.

"Why are you in my daughter's room?" Mom asks.

"Because, umm, I, umm—" he says before I cut him off. "He's my boyfriend, Mom," I say grabbing his hand.

"Glimmer Carner, what did I say about having boys over without my permission?" she asks.

"That I'm not allowed to have them over. I will be grounded if I do," I say looking down. I look at her and say. "But I don't care. I'm tired of sneaking around with him. We've been together since this summer. Whatever you say will not change my mind. So you can ground me and I won't care."

"Marvel, will you please go. I need to speak to my daughter alone," Mom says looking at Marvel. I look at him and mouth 'kiss me'. He follows my directions. He gets up and leaves.

"Glimmer! How dare you go against my rules! If I ever see you again with him, you will be grounded! Understood?" she yells.

"Yes, Mom," I say.

"Good," she walks out of my room. Ugh, I hate parents.

Katniss POV:

I hate that stupid alarm clock. I've been making an effort to not be late again. It doesn't really help when I stay up till 2 texting Peeta or Annie or someone in the group. Ugh is all I can say. I get out of bed and walk over to my closet. I grab something, but I'm not sure what. I walk into the bathroom and look in the mirror. I look like a living zombie. I have terrible bags under my eyes. I brush my teeth and wash my face. I also put on my makeup and get changed. It turns out I grabbed a long sleeve blue and white plaid shirt and dark wash jeans. I feel like it's missing something. I go into my closet and grab a tan colored sweater. It is actually surprising how cold it gets here by the beach. Well, I don't live on the beach. Finnick and Annie do. I live about fifteen minutes away. I walk over to where I keep my jewelry and grab a chunky beaded necklace. I grab a pair of flats that are the same color as the shirt. I take one last look in the mirror and see what I look like. Makeup can do miracles with under-the-eye-bags.