Chapter 19

Glimmer POV:

    I'm in a car with Clove, Ian, Loki, and Marvel. It's Ian driving, Loki has shotgun, and I'm in the back in the middle of Clove and Marvel. Finnick and Annie took Finnick's car; Peeta is driving himself, Katniss, Kay, Rue, and Prim. Thresh is taking his own car. We are all meeting at the game with Johanna.

    "So is everyone rooting for the mutts tonight?" Marvel asks.

    "No, I'm rooting for the jabberjays," Clove says. "Yes, we're rooting for the mutts."

    "Just trying to make conversation," Marvel says. We pull into the parking lot and Ian pulls into a spot next to Katniss' and Finnick's cars. I see everyone sitting on the front steps of the school. We all walk over to them.

   "Long to no see," I say grabbing Annie's shoulders.

  "Hey, you finally came!" Finnick says. "How long have you been waiting for us?" I ask.

  "Like two minutes," Peeta says. "Here comes Johanna with...is that Gale?" All of our heads snap to where Peeta is looking.

  "Yeah, that's Gale," Katniss says.

  "What is she doing with Gale?" Annie asks. She can be so clueless sometimes.

   "She obviously ditched us for Gale," Clove and I say at the same time.

   "Did you guys see the new episode of that show?" Finnick asks trying to make it look like we weren't just talking about Johanna.

   "What show?" Johanna asks coming up behind Finnick.

   "Oh never mind," Finnick says.

   "Clove. Bathroom. Now," I say. She nods. We go inside the school and into the bathroom.

   "What's up?" she asks. "As soon as Peeta mentioned Johanna's name you tensed up."

   "No I didn't," I say. I don't remember tensing up.

   "Whatever. Do you actually need to go to the bathroom?" she asks.

   "No. I need to talk to you alone," I say. She nods. "So I have this, like, new hatred for Johanna." She looks confused.

   "Whyyyy?" she asks dragging out the 'y'.

   "Because she got me grounded," I say.

   "How?" she asks.

   "Because today we had that Math test. I forgot to study, so I went out in the hallway. Do not kill me, but I talked to Cato," I say. Her face goes red with anger. Then she takes a deep breath and calms down. "He told me that I should cheat, so I did. As soon as the game's over, I have to go home because I'm grounded for two weeks and as of Monday, I'm suspended for three days. My mom is letting me go to homecoming because I already bought everything for it. Plus she always bad mouths Marvel."

   "Glim, four things. First, I'm so happy someone else doesn't like Johanna. Second, how did she catch you? Third, who did you cheat off of? And fourth, why would you take advice from Cato?" she says.

   I say, "I don't know how she caught me. I guess she saw me looking at Finch's paper. I don't know why I took advice from Cato. I could've taken advice from the Devil I was so desperate. You're not mad at me right?"

   "No. I'm mad at Johanna. If I saw Cato cheating, I wouldn't turn even turn him in. Actually, I take that back, I would love to make his life a living hell. If I saw anyone I was friends with cheating I wouldn't turn them in," Clove says.

   "We should probably go, the game is going to start soon," I say.

Finnick POV: